Thread: FYI: Copyright Office Experiencing Huge Delays

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

FYI: Copyright Office Experiencing Huge Delays

The US copyright office is experiencing some huge problems and delays and it is taking up to one year to issue COPYRIGHT Certificates. Now if you use the Electronic System to file your copyright, you get a tracking number and this tracking number can be used as a substitute while you wait for your certificate. The TRacking number is known as your case # See example attached.

That is your proof of your copyright. Note the case number at the top. I have cropped the image to block personal information like my DOB, SS#, Address and Phone# for privacy reasons, but therwise wanted to give everyone a heads up.
    Attached Images
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

yeah

Ive been waiting since october to hear anything about my vampire picture. Said it would be about 8 months, so i figured maybe 18.

Undisclosed
    This backlog problem must now be fixed because I received a certificate of registration less than 7 weeks after filing electronically.

United States
    You're not only protected as soon as you put it in tangible form, but from the date that they receive it. So basically all the copyright office does is provide proof that it is your original. Two, once you receive the copyright, it is back dated to when they receive it, so you can do what you will with your movie, book, etc in the meantime. (Unless copyright law as changed since I did so several years ago!)

Research it, go to the website: http://www.loc.gov and read up on it for sure.

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]