Thread: Super Mario Galaxy 2!

United States

Super Mario Galaxy 2!

Not only the first 3rd Mario sequel, but a sequel to one of the best games in the franchise. I'm definitely excited for this one.

capncnut
    Shame I don't gots a Wii anymore, I really enjoyed SMG big time. Looks great!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Shame I don't gots a Wii anymore, I really enjoyed SMG big time. Looks great!

I must admit as well that my wii is just sitting there collecting dust. It's actually in my son's room right now. Sooner or later nintendo is going to have to choose between constituencies/demographics. I consider myself a hardcore gamer and the wii just doesn't do it for me. I'm sure many others feel the same.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive got no doubt it'll be great, but this is repeating the same formula as the last, its a shame nintendo's not as innovative as they used to be yknow? they used to have a different vibe with each one, hell in the news most people are excited that its not nintendo doing the next metroid, thats not a good sign yknow?

United States
    SMG was the only game I truly enjoyed on the Wii before selling it.

If they're using the same engine for the sequel, you'd think it'd be out this winter at the latest, 2010 is kind of ridiculous.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Did I spy a BumbleMario there? Reminds me a bit of that one level in Banjo-Tooie.

United States
    Yeah, the BumbleMario was in the first SMG. No doubt there will be new forms for Mario to take in this one.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I must admit as well that my wii is just sitting there collecting dust. It's actually in my son's room right now. Sooner or later nintendo is going to have to choose between constituencies/demographics. I consider myself a hardcore gamer and the wii just doesn't do it for me. I'm sure many others feel the same.

Nintendo has pretty much left us behind long ago for greener pastures and they aint coming back anytime soon.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Big N can do what they like so long as other developers make games like Silent Hill Shattered Memories, The Grinder, Overlord Dark Legend and Red Steel 2 it should be okay though they better keep those sort of traditional games coming. Motion plus should be standard in the controller from now on and I am certain Capcom and Visceral can do better then release on rail shoot em ups.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    Big N can do what they like so long as other developers make games like Silent Hill Shattered Memories, The Grinder, Overlord Dark Legend and Red Steel 2 it should be okay though they better keep those sort of traditional games coming. Motion plus should be standard in the controller from now on and I am certain Capcom and Visceral can do better then release on rail shoot em ups.
    dude i lost faith in constant 1st party winners form nintey when i played twilight princess, now im a big zelda fanboy and will overlook a lot of problem but that game was terrible on the wii, im thinking i should track down a cube copy instead.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Review

Update:

Perfect score bitches !!

With Alan wake And RDR this game has been "under the radar" if that's even possible for a mario game. I should get it in the mail by this wednesday!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1091239p1.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nice. I'll have to pick this up for the mrs. We rented the first after hearing nothing about it and thought it was great.

I don't even think she knows this game exists. Should be a good surprise to bring home to here. Brownie points!

United States
    Weeee!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Nice. I'll have to pick this up for the mrs. We rented the first after hearing nothing about it and thought it was great.

I don't even think she knows this game exists. Should be a good surprise to bring home to here. Brownie points!

And you can''t put a price on that...