Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aliens vs. Predator 3

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I tried to play the demo, but I could not find anyone on. If anyone wants to play let me know.
    Really? I'm not playing the demo myself as I'm not on Live, but visiting the AVP forums I see there are loads of people playing constantly...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Really? I'm not playing the demo myself as I'm not on Live, but visiting the AVP forums I see there are loads of people playing constantly...
    Seriously. I read the forums, too. But yesterday evening, I could not find a game open. I even hosted a game in hopes of finding some players. No luck.

Canada
    on pc or live slick? The demo actually works on my 360, which is pretty funny. Finding games is...easy..ish.

United States
    Oh by the way, Rebellion has confirmed dedicated servers for the retail copy despite them being absent from the demo. Oh, and that's only for the PC version (insert comment why PC rules above consoles here)

Undisclosed
    360 version.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    UK OXM gives the game an 8/10. Not too shabby.

4 days.

England
    Just played the demo, awesomely good looking game & seems to play well! The only problem is it kept connecting me to hosts with crap connections & the games kept either freezing every few seconds or completely shutting down when the host disconnected, very frustrating! Im looking forward to the single player game though! I got one good match out of it though although i hadnt got the controls sussed out so I was a bit crap!

capncnut
    One thing we will agree on. Oh yes, tickle my cock...

England
    Ive been playing again tonight, I think im looking forward to the single player game the most. Death match is good fun but there seems to be a huge mis match between opponents, the marine is far too slow & the predator is hugely powerful which seems to make it a tad easy for them to rack up the kills! The alien is good fun as you can scamper across ceilings & leap around all over, but you have to rely on getting the drop on other players to kill them, which is quite difficult in a small arena with a fair few players running about!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Started off as a Marine. So far it's pretty fun even though it's your basic shooter. The main thing saving it is that it feels like 'Aliens'...which is cool.

More later....

Super Moderator

United States
    Game Informer gave it a pretty bad review. I'll wait to hear more.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So far it's a friggin blast! Just had a run in with a certain "bitch" and it was too cool.

I could see how maybe some hardcore gamers would be underwhelmed by it, but this game seems to be right up my alley. It's kind of like Batman Arkham Asylum or Ghostbusters in the sense that the nostalgia is the greatest contribution. Hearing the sounds of the motion tracker, the pulse rifle, and screech of the aliens are enough to have any Alien fan grinning from ear to ear. And my cheeks hurt...

Gripes:

So far I haven't had a chance to play along with any other marines. It's all solo.

Graphics leave a bit to be desired.

Instructions seem to come in the heat of battle so they're often missed. Which in turn means death...

I'm not too far in(maybe an hour or two?), but so far I say that if you're a fan of the Alien series it's definitely worth a play. Haven't had any run-in's with the predator yet, but I can see that it's coming. Now back to it. Gotta squeeze some more in before bed and work.

Undisclosed
    Hunter's Edition comes with Facehugger.

http://forum.alienslegacy.com/download/file.php?id=2663

United States
    Gripes:

So far I haven't had a chance to play along with any other marines. It's all solo.
    It'll happen. Although I must say that they are not much help. :P

Graphics leave a bit to be desired.
    Really? I think the graphics look great? What are your settings on?

I'm running in DX11 mode, 1920x1080 resolution with all of the graphics are max.

I'm not too far in(maybe an hour or two?), but so far I say that if you're a fan of the Alien series it's definitely worth a play. Haven't had any run-in's with the predator yet, but I can see that it's coming. Now back to it. Gotta squeeze some more in before bed and work.
    Oh yeah. It's been great so far. Be scared a few times running around as the marine.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post

I'm running in DX11 mode, 1920x1080 resolution with all of the graphics are max.
    I've got it 1080 running through an HDMI(not sure what DX11 means). The graphics aren't horrible, but there's a few that didn't look too great. The reveal of the Queen was pretty rough, I think.
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Feb-2010 at 01:01 PM.