Thread: DEADLANDS 2 DVD Specs (Tentative)

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

DEADLANDS 2 DVD Specs (Tentative)

Hey Everyone,

Thought I would drop some specs for the DVD on you guys. Keep in mind this is all tentative in terms of features and what not, but it is what I am Submitting.

MPEG 2 Version 720x480 16:9 (2.35:1) Anamorphic Widescreen at 9.8mbps
    Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo at 448kbps
    Directors Commentary
    Cast/Crew Interviews (9 minutes)
    Weapons and Tactics of Deadlands 2 (20 Minutes) - Includes a segment on the best end of the world zombie apocalypse weapon to use.
    Full trailer (2 minutes)
    Teaser Trailer (1 Minute)
    Interview with me (40 Minutes)

These should all make the final DVD, but thats up to Anthem, but they forsee no problems.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 04-Jun-2009 at 04:53 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Coooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was just informed by Anthem Pictures to send everything I have in terms of extras, including... yes, the work print version.

I was instructed to film an Intro to talk about it, and explain a few things and make sure it is part of the Master Package.

So add to the list:

Deadlands 2 Work print version
    4:3 Letterboxed (2.35:1)
    Dolby Stereo Mix
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No cast and crew bio/filmography???? What a waste.

Congrats, deej.

What about HD? Has the technology advanced enough to where independent guys such as yourself can make BR's and put them out? You know...at a reasonable cost.

Super Moderator

UK
    4:3 Letterboxed (2.35:1)
    Any reason why not 16x9 (2.35:1) for that work print? Does Vegas do something to the image quality when converting a 4:3 image (with black bars) to a 16x9 image (with/without black bars - 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 depending)?

I saw the intro up on your YouTube - that's the way to do it, with your editing rig in the background.

All you needed more was a cheesy chair-spin to camera and say "oh, I didn't see you there..." then launch into your chit-chat.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Any reason why not 16x9 (2.35:1) for that work print? Does Vegas do something to the image quality when converting a 4:3 image (with black bars) to a 16x9 image (with/without black bars - 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 depending)?

I saw the intro up on your YouTube - that's the way to do it, with your editing rig in the background.

All you needed more was a cheesy chair-spin to camera and say "oh, I didn't see you there..." then launch into your chit-chat.

I actually have a version where I do the chair spin... LMAO! I opted to use the second take, less cheese factor. The Work print was actually playing in the background of the video.

The reason for 4:3 LB 2.35:1 is because the Work Print is a special feature, not the main presentation. The main presentation will be 16:9 Anamorphic WS 2.35:1

On and Bassman, there will be a Blu_ray Release, but I doubt it will be affordable. Most likely $29.99 and to be honest the Source Material is SD so any HD version would not look any better than what i already did for the SD version.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 04-Jun-2009 at 07:06 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

United States
    That's a hefty boatload of extras. Very nice, DJ!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Good news MZ, I did a re-render of the work print and got into 16:9 enhanced WS. Although was kind of shocked you asked about that because you admitted you don't own a WS TV.

I had to do the re-render to fix a picture glitch, but I was able to curn out a small 1.5gb file in 16:9 (2.35:1) So both versions will be Anamorphic.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Good news MZ, I did a re-render of the work print and got into 16:9 enhanced WS. Although was kind of shocked you asked about that because you admitted you don't own a WS TV.

I had to do the re-render to fix a picture glitch, but I was able to curn out a small 1.5gb file in 16:9 (2.35:1) So both versions will be Anamorphic.
    Cool.

Was just wondering, because of your love for 16x9 rendered files, really.

I do have a widescreen LCD telly downstairs, which is where my DVD player is. We have one computer with a widescreen monitor, but my computers go through my 4:3 monitor, and my bedroom telly is a 4:3 CRT.

I'd not notice the difference anyway probably.

Dying

Undisclosed
    When are you unleashing this beast?
    Last edited by major jay; 05-Jun-2009 at 10:30 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The Distributor is saying October 13th 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Cool.

Was just wondering, because of your love for 16x9 rendered files, really.

I do have a widescreen LCD telly downstairs, which is where my DVD player is. We have one computer with a widescreen monitor, but my computers go through my 4:3 monitor, and my bedroom telly is a 4:3 CRT.

I'd not notice the difference anyway probably.
    It really had to do with space, and what not, but there is talk of a 2 disc edition, so hence the 16:9 render of the work print.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 06-Jun-2009 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Oooooh - double disc eh? Will that mean yet more special features?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well they did ask for a Commentary on the original Cut of the film as well, but otherwise I don't know what they all have planned. I just submitted everything they said I had, so who knows.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    How would I know if the extras would be worth it to you. The DVD isn't even out yet, this is just a tentative list not the final list, and personally if you aren't hip to the movie then why waste your money?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thats a quote I did or a review did somewhere, but yes this is not a direct sequel, just an episode 2 sort of, but I do feel it is much better than the first, which has its issues, but seriously, if you didn't care for the first one You may walk into this one with a pre-conceived notion this will suck as well, and while I would love your $14.99 like any other filmmaker I would rather as a zombie fan first and someone who actually gives a shit more about fans than money rather see you actually save your money... because honestly if you don't like the film, why waste the money?

I put trailers out so people can see what they will be getting themselves into, and I would rather save someone their $10-$15 then to have them buy, be disappointed then shit all over the flick because it isn't up to their expectations.

I myself would never buy a DVD for the commentary, I buy a DVD for the movie, out of all the DVD's I own I maybe only listen to a handful of commentaries. Example... I could give two shits about the commentary to Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, but I think the movie is hilarious, now on the other hand for a film like Lethal Weapon or even Dawn of the Dead, those are commentaries I want to listen too, and I do it as a filmmaker hoping to find out how they did something that looked impossible and it turns out was very easy so then i can know how to do it when I make my films.

Many films really don't deserve commentaries in my honest opinion, but my commentary for Deadlands 1 was about how I was able to close the road, get 300+ extras, and all the other bruhaha... In this film I delve more into what things have been like since the first film, and how we did this one, but it is more of a backstory about the underground success of Deadlands as a whole and where we hope to see it go in the future.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!