Thread: DEAD GENESIS - the feature film

Undisclosed

DEAD GENESIS - the feature film

So, what started off as a short for DJ's short film contest slowly escalated into a full out feature film.
    I figured I'd post a quick blurb about it :

"DEAD GENESIS"

Synopsis:

Seven months have passed since the dead took over. Many cities and states have been abandoned and left to die. Several self sufficient hunting groups have been established to take on the threat in a war aptly referred to as the "War on Dead". Jillian Hurst, a former news writer and amateur documentarian, has set out to make a pro-war propaganda film to support the W.O.D. She joins up with a pack of renegade hunters known infamously to North America as "the deadheads". The moral dynamics and hardships of fighting in a war against the undead are told from several different perspectives.

------------------------------------

I know i've posted before saying we're doing a zombie flick and we never do, but this time its for real and legit. Several local production companies have joined forces to put this bad boy together, so it should be pretty exciting!

Second unit photography on the movie starts up later this month, with full production moving forward starting August 16th. I'll post photos and such as we truck on forwards with it!

For any of you facebook users, you can join the group by clicking on the "DG" logo below!

United States
    awesome man!! good luck
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Dead

Undisclosed
    It's great to see you're still going your thing ldb. While none of my projects ever made it to the final stages it's great to see work is still being turned out here. After your take on NOTLD I can't wait to see how your work will evolve.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    It's great to see you're still going your thing ldb. While none of my projects ever made it to the final stages it's great to see work is still being turned out here. After your take on NOTLD I can't wait to see how your work will evolve.
    Thanks! It should be pretty awesome, i've done a few other projects and a ton of music vids since NOTLD, so I'd hope we've gotten better. We've been working full swing on pre-production for DG for the last month. Our shoot in August is edging closer and closer, so it's going to start getting a little hectic. I'm holding back on posting things because I want to wait till we get closer to the actual production. But I can promise that this movie will be a real treat for zombie fans and non-zombie fans alike.

This won't make much sense until the movie comes out, but this is a little bit of concept art for a sign you see in the movie.

United States
    Very cool. Sounds interesting.

Undisclosed
    Here is the official teaser poster for the flick - This poster (among many other cool little trinkets) will be passed around at this years "Rue Morgue's Festival of Fear".

Some pictures and more fun stuff to come soon!

capncnut
    Okay, Reese. Pants are soaked. Bring it on!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Awesome. Looking forward to it Reese!

Dead

Undisclosed
    Nice looking poster, now I'm curious what the movie is going to be like. Congrats, your tease was successful.

Undisclosed
    Cool, thanks for the nods of confidence! I can't wait to start posting more stuff from the flick. Started wardrobe and prop work this week, and we've been making some pretty bad ass stuff. I'm really excited about shooting this movie. I mean Night'07 was fun and all, but I'm more than sure that this flick will knock that one out of the park.

Undisclosed
    Though this is not terribly exciting news, I thought I might as well just post it anyways. The official website for the movie is up, as of right now, it's geared mostly towards the pre-production of the flick. But as time goes on, more interesting stuff will be posted.

DEAD GENESIS - official site

capncnut
    Good stuff. I'll pop in there from time to time.