Thread: DEAD FRONTIER: Zombie mmorpg

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

DEAD FRONTIER: Zombie mmorpg

I thought i would post some screenies from Dead Frontier, i know its been mentioned in a previous post, but that was before the full game came out. Its now in Beta and im finding myself getting really addicted to it!

For a browser game its really in depth,
    After choosing a character and customizing his/her appearance, you start off in a main outpost situated on the edge of a city which is crawling with zombies. The aim of the game is to level up your player, and scavenge items from the city to bring back to the outpost to sell on and equip. The game economy is made up entirely of other players and there are loads and loads of weapons which you can equip by levelling and raising stats.

The main outpost is essential for trading items and leveling up you character, players will also need to make trips to medics and engineers at the outpost to stay healthy and keep weapons and bodyarmor in working order. Every day there is a 'defend the outpost' event, where players must defend 3 entry points from attack, this also awards you with more exp.

The further you venture into the city, the more dangerous it becomes, and after long trips to find loot it can sometimes take up to an hour to walk back to the main outpost. For long trips out its better to work with other players and barricade yourself in buildings, this allows you to stop to check your inventory, temporarily heal up, and eat food to prevent your character from starving. Zombies are capable of breaking through barricades so players have to guard the doors and windows.

From my experience i have to mention that the game is hard to start. When you start at level 1 chances are you'll be equiped with a pocket knife or a small sidearm depending on what profession you choose. When i first started the game i found myself being swarmed by zombies, it turns out that if you make too much noise, e.g, firing shotgun rounds, using heavy machine guns or chainsaws, it attracts more zombies, so this game does involve strategy, and a lot of zombie evading skill!

Here are some screenies i took after a couple of days of playing...

Last edited by Nevers; 11-Jun-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    This isn't a MMORPG is it? I tried it out and you had to join servers with a maximum of 6 players. Kinda lost my interest in it at that point.

Super Moderator

United States
    Thanks for the reminder on this!

I'll definitely research it a bit the next time I'm between games.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Its called a 'zombie mmorpg' but i guess you have a point there, it is a maximum of 6 players to a game so its not really massive multiplayer, unless you consider the outpost activities part of the game. It definately feels like the game has a steady community, one of the downsides being that sometimes the servers can get a bit overrun. I think if the game was to allow more than 6 people to a game then i would end up bumping into players and fighting over kills in every section of the map, so im kinda glad that the game isnt a complete mmorpg.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I love to play this game, since I like killing zombie I think it is the best game that suit on me, I want to have this copy.