Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HPotD has a facebook group now!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've been trying to avoid signing up for Facebook, but this may just push me over the edge....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I've been trying to avoid signing up for Facebook, but this may just push me over the edge....
    Do not succumb to Facebook...it is evil!

Canada
    Because I can tell things by the way people post. If anything, you have blonde hair with red streaks in it, a handlebar moustache, and a mesh tank top.

Please don't kill me..

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Do not succumb to Facebook...it is evil!
    But Mafia Wars is fun

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by C5NOTLD View Post
    But Mafia Wars is fun
    Oh god I am addicted to like 5 or 6 of those crappy time wasting games on FaceBook. I need an intervention.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i've just permanuked my facebook page - for good. i've come to the realization that i have no real desire to share details of my life with people that i haven't seen in 20 years, who i don't know anymore and with whom the only thing that i have left in common is what-once-was.

so after taking those folks away from the facebook exp what is really left? oh yeah, my actual friends (both real world and internet) that i already interact with all time and can reach pretty much whenever i need to.

all in all, facebook reminded me a lot of the lame ass high school reunion i went to last summer: lots of people you haven't seen in eons making idiotic small talk about where they went to school and what their kids are up to. once you get beyond those few bits of catching up, there really is nothing left.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Just joined

Administrator

England
    I'm starting to be more pro-active with the Facebook page, using it as an alternative method of feeding news etc.

Not being particularly familiar with it, I'd like to bind it more into the main site, at the very least with a link/mention to it from the main homepage.

Is anyone aware of anything you can do along these lines? At the very least I'd just offer a link to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Homepa...ad/91166436902

...but is there anything more flash that can be done, like showing the latest article or two from Facebook? Or how many members/fans it currently has etc?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    done, tho i dunno why, this place needs a shot of trioxin...

United Kingdom
    I would show my support by joining, but then my everyone on my FB list will know I post here, and then they might start reading my posts on here, and then I'll have to start watching what I say. Oh noez!
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    I would show my support by joining, but then my everyone on my FB list will know I post here, and then they might start reading my posts on here, and then I'll have to start watching what I say. Oh noez!
    They (friends) can't see what groups you belong to can they?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    They (friends) can't see what groups you belong to can they?
    Yes, they can see what groups you belong to. It's not so bad though. They won't know your username here unless you tell them. If you guys want to add me as a friend on Facebook, just send me a message. I'm pretty nice. Most of the time.

United States

(if anyone gets this, respect +1)

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
    Yes, they can see what groups you belong to. It's not so bad though. They won't know your username here unless you tell them. If you guys want to add me as a friend on Facebook, just send me a message. I'm pretty nice. Most of the time.
    Just come on over and join up http://www.facebook.com/pages/Homepa...ad/91166436902
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Oh, don't worry. I already did. About a month ago.