Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Michael Jackson- Cardiac Arrest

Rising

United States
    Just saw part 1 of the Leaving Neverland documentary yesterday. Deeply disturbing stuff. Even if you accept the possibility that some of these people may be lying or exaggerating things in order to try to extort money from Jackson, some of the less explicit & direct-to-the-nitty-gritty details are still rather disturbing nonetheless. Why was this grown up man hanging with all these children day & night? Why was he gradually isolating the parents from them so he could spend more time with the children alone? Why was he showering them with expensive gifts? Why was he gradually alienating them as they grew older in favor of new younger "friends"? When you consider all such details, you have to admit that there is something suspicious here. I know adults who love children, but this is not the way they behave. They still behave like other adults and are perfectly aware of the differences between them and the children they enjoy the company of. Jackson's behavior regarding children was plain weird and suspicious, to say the least.

Administrator

England
    And of course Louis Theroux has come out seemingly as backing the suggestions of this documentary too!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    And of course Louis Theroux has come out seemingly as backing the suggestions of this documentary too!
    I saw an interview clip from Good Morning Britain in which he talked about that. He was on promoting "The Night In Question", his latest doc, which I saw the other night. It was quite good, although it would have been nice if they'd had the time to delve deeper into that guy (who had been expelled/left FACE) who 'exposed the truth' about the other guy (who was the main subject of the doc).

Anyway, on GMB they also briefly got onto the topic of the art versus the artist, albeit briefly. Theroux made a good point about it being foolish to hold artists to some hugely high moral standard in order for us to enjoy their work, but to also allow an artist to create art ... if that makes sense? Naturally, that's just the basic point and, for instance, I don't think anyone would want to work with Weinstein again even if he does bother attempting a come back (all the court cases are still to come, of course).

The troubling thing with the doc (as a thing unto itself) seems to be that the director wasn't bothered about the other side's version of events ... so if you can't be bothered to do the basic fundamentals of journalism, then I'm not fussed about watching your doc.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 13-Mar-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Ireland
    ^

Not abusing people would be a pretty low bar to achieve for anyone though, whether they're a star or not. That's a standard that's not particularly high.

But, yeh, it's possible to separate the art from the artist. In fact, I'd say it's essential.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    It's truly amazing just how tone deaf some people can be to their own statements.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    New fangled tech and Barbara Streisand have a habit of not mixing well ... hence "The Streisand Effect".