Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson- Cardiac Arrest

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    Hmm, I wonder why they were not released sooner, it looked like he could have done with the money.
    Most have been released but are not widely available now due to deletions and scarceness.

Mmm... I know this probably belongs in the YouTube thread but I couldn't resist. This is a live version of 'Will You Be There' and the profoundness and beauty of this performance (especially the end) is incredibly powerful. If you are still sore over his passing, I strongly suggest you don't click otherwise you will be reaching for the tissues.

Administrator

England
    Quality web site!

http://www.IsMichaelJacksonStillAlive.com

On a side note, the LAPD is searching for his doctor! - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6585015.ece
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is crazy. I've been talking to people and to a man/woman everyone is shocked and at a loss for words. In my lifetime I don't think that's ever happened. Not even for the pope for christ's sake.

There's alot to discuss here. I mean how many people since recorded history began have done what he's done? A handfull?

And at the same time do you ever think that man was ever really happy? This is the same man when he was a boy was told by his father that he had to move quicker while on stage because there were men in the audience with guns....If that doesn't say it all. And ever since he's been a meal ticket for so many people. It's tragic.

But the music is timeless. Love him or hate him there's no arguing that heis a musical genius on par with elvis or the Beatles. Yes, he's in that conversation.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    Jesus Harold Christ! Is anyone looking at the CNN news report from Trafalgar Square? Thousands! All doing a mass Moonwalk soon. Seriously, I feel bad for Jacko but those poor commuters coming home from work...

...dayom!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Jesus Harold Christ! Is anyone looking at the CNN news report from Trafalgar Square? Thousands! All doing a mass Moonwalk soon. Seriously, I feel bad for Jacko but those poor commuters coming home from work...

...dayom!

Seriously though, we're not old men you and I but can you remember anything like this when a star has died? Even using the word star doesn't do him justice. He was more than that.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dying

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Yeah, the first thing I thought of was Elvis. Both had amazing early careers, then went into decline & died there. Very sad.
    It's starting to sound like they both had the same type of scumbag parasites working for them too.
    Last edited by major jay; 26-Jun-2009 at 07:38 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Channel 4's been showing all his best music videos, ending with thriller of course, which i have always thought is the best music video of all time, landis nocked it out the park with that one. it even had vincent price in it, and as ive said before that freaky old bastard was the man.
    Last edited by Danny; 26-Jun-2009 at 07:49 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I agree. Thriller is easily the best music video ever in my book.

It's something that can't possibly be duplicated:

After all this time it still cracks me up....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Thriller is easily the best music video ever in my book.

It's something that can't possibly be duplicated:

After all this time it still cracks me up....
    What's interesting about that video are there are lots of cuts, almost certainly to improve the appearence/timing etc.

I bet if you watch the original, there's less cuts, showing more of it was done in single takes - ie: The quality of the dancing I bet was amazing...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Saw Mtv today, and while I wasn't around during 80s Mtv, I've heard they showed music videos more frequently back then. Tpday not so much but, it looks like Michael brought it back to its roots. They showed music videos for hours.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    hmmm...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I think Jacko's life was as tragic as his death. He spent his entire adult life trying in vain to recapture his lost childhood, and some control in his life, the guy was a total victim of the fame industry and his own family. Yes, he was a fucked up mess of his former self, but I don't think the blame for that lies with him at all.

As for the sexual abuse stuff - I can maybe imagine maybe he did some inappropriate things (e.g. hugging kids in bed, bathing with them, etc.) but probably without any sexual intention, and with no conception of how it might be considered wrong by the outside world because he was so out of touch. Gotta remember that this guy was shown very little love and affection himself as a child, so its not surprising he was unsure of how to express it correctly when he was an adult. I certainly don't think that makes the guy a rapist. If there is anything untoward, then they'll probably find incriminating material at the Neverland ranch, and we'll hear about it, but I don't think there ever was anything like that happening.

Poor guy was chewed up, spat out, and made the object of ridicule by the media who are all now like: "Ohhh, we loved him."

Twitching

Undisclosed
    While the individual had faults his art still works.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

jon lajoui has a point. Honestly some guy on the radio called him wacko jacko and was chastised with you wouldnt say that about jade goody so dont say it about him!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    People will be spotting Jackson at a tollbooth in central Montana within a month.
    indeed they will.

i was just talking to someone about how long will it be before:

a. the conspiracy theories start coming out of the woodwork.

b. some folks start believing that jackson faked his own death to escape the spotlight and is now living on his own private space station.

c. the folks who believe jackson is still alive and working at a junkyard in east liverpool, ohio.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."