Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming vampire flick 'Daybreakers'

United States
    I'm seeing this tomorrow in the daytime somewhere, baked out of my gourd.
    I thought it looked good. I know it's not going to be 30 Days of Night good, but a wayy better story than what we'd get from shitty Twilight or Underworld.
    Hope it's not corny.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    I thought it looked good. I know it's not going to be 30 Days of Night good, but a wayy better story than what we'd get from shitty Twilight or Underworld.
    Hope it's not corny.
    actually there are some underworld similarities but some good performances from a few actors like sam neil make it much easier to swallow than the cast of underworld trying to talk science did.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    I do hope you come back and give us a review! I have mixed feelings about this film. Some of the previews look very good while some of the bits in other previews...well...leave me with a little bit of trepidation

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Good film 4/5 Violence and gore abounds. Actors were cast well. Sam Neill plays a great villian. Slick set design and costumes. Not sure who did the soundtrack, but it was well done.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    Very nice. A little ways in I started to think maybe this was going to suck, but boy was I wrong.
    Very pleasantly surprised, and yeah, the gore was nice. There was quite a but of it in the end. There might not be any zombies, but the vampires sure were chomping on people left and right. They even dismember a guy, all very good stuff.
    I liked it, and don't want to spoil it. This ain't no Twilight. These guys did anything but sparkle...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Good film 4/5 Violence and gore abounds. Actors were cast well. Sam Neill plays a great villian. Slick set design and costumes. Not sure who did the soundtrack, but it was well done.

I agree with that 4/5 rating!

If you want to see a movie with blood shed you will be entertained, no doubt!
    Yeah it was great to see Sam Neill in such a great role. He is not the nice trustworthy Dr. Alan Grant here. Willem Defoe was great as expected. What I liked best is that they kept alot of classic vampire lore in the plot.

It was also great to see "The Crazies" preview on the big screen!!
    "Don't let the name fool you, there is no Hope in a world of the dead."