Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming vampire flick 'Daybreakers'

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Upcoming vampire flick 'Daybreakers'

sam niel and willem defoe?, not what youd expect in a vampire horror flick but this looks interesting, reminds me of a novel i read when i was a kid called "piggies" or somethign like that, gonna have to check this one out, it looks like a decent flick and not just that goth leather fetish bollox weve seen in the cinema from the likes of blade and underworld.
    Last edited by Danny; 26-Jun-2009 at 05:22 PM.

capncnut
    Yeah, I've had my eye on this one for a bit. I like the look of the movie overall and hope it doesn't steer close to the bubblegum dogshit you just mentioned.

But man, The Addiction rules!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    From the guys who brought you UNDEAD
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    From the guys who brought you UNDEAD
    if your on about the aussie zom-com i really liked that flick.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    [willem defoe?, not what youd expect in a vampire horror flick .
    ???????????

"When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    Looks like it could be pretty well done. I do wonder why this is the first I'm hearing about it, but I'm hopeful.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    It has some really good actors in it. Ethan Hawk, Sam Neil, and Mr. Defoe. It looks pretty nice. Might have to check this one out.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    Trailer looked cool...

We all know if the trailer is good then the movie will be...right...RIGHT!!!

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow, I don't know how I've not heard of this yet. Looks pretty damn good to me. Definitely a great (and fresh) concept. Also digging some of the cinematography going on in the trailer.

I'll be sure to check this one out. Thanks, Hells!

EDIT: Now that I'm seeing it's from the people who made UNDEAD - I'm really excited!

United States
    wow. i just stumbled across a trailer of this online and must've also missed this thread.

but damn, that's the first vampire film to capture my interest in at least a decade or so. like the pizz, i gotta say that there's some pretty sweet images coming out of this trailer.

and the concept seems original, which is fucking out of left field for movies these days. think i'll check this one out. officially on my radar.

Super Moderator

United States
    Yup, I'm trying not to get excited about it and just let it be till it sneaks up on me and (hopefully) bites me in the ass (in a good way).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    boy they sure are pimping this movie out pretty hard.

however, the more i hear/see about it, the less interested i get.

i think it's mainly 2 lines in the trailers.

the first is when the guy is at the podium talking about the limited blood supply...something about the way he talks ("we only have enough blood to last us till the end of the month), specifically the way he says the word "month" just gets on my fucking nerves.

and that bit where some kid is saying some shit like "i was never good at being human." has got the be one of the worst lines i've ever heard in a movie trailer...

anyways, i think i'm just tired of all the commercials for this....anyone plan on checking it out?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    boy they sure are pimping this movie out pretty hard.

however, the more i hear/see about it, the less interested i get.
    Yeah, this & "Legion" both they're in the saddle & riding hard on, & both are getting less interesting w/ each promo I see. I feel like I'm REALLY getting old & cynical when I see the promos for these & just go "meh".

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just watched this and it was very entertaining. It's a solid sci-fi story thats got none of that leather feitsh gunslinger wall run bullshit. The opening credits show an empty city in daylight, with tubes between buildings for a 'subwalk' and the only sign of life is flocks of bats. its got quite a good atmosphere and builds the idea of a world where everyone has become a vampire well, one little tidbit was a news report on a tv mid way the protagonist walks past talking about vampiric animals walking into the sun and combusting being the current cause for wildfires. a lot of its stupid and not well explained, and they didnt seem to know how to end it, plus it felt theyd cut some scenes involving a subplot about the protagonist and his brother, but on the whole this was a lot of fun to watch, and the friends i dragged along who expected "faggy underworld bullshit" eft the cinema as equally entertained. its not that often nowadays that i feel like i paid for a movie ticket and the price was worth the entertainment value but this is a fun flick.Probably not for everyone but a nice little flick reminiscent of the mid to late 90's sci-fi you only see nowadays as some abstract niche bollocks.