Thread: Zombie choose-your-own-adventure

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Zombie choose-your-own-adventure

Hi!

I'm not online much, and have spent the last few hours searching for a "busy" zombie site... I've been a huge zombie movie/fiction/game fan for a long time, but have no idea where fellow fans "hang out" online.

Of course, Romero's movies started my fandom, so I suddenly remembered this site and paid a visit!

In short, I'm writing a zombie-themed "choose your own adventure" book, but I need playtesters/readers to make sure there are no dead ends, irritations, or logic problems... and that it is FUN to play/read!

I don't want to ramble on here if nobody is interested, but if a few people are willing to give the beta WIP version a test run or two, please let me know and I'll upload the current version and give more info on it.

Cheers,
    Banjo

United States
    Banjo, welcome to the boards. Sounds interesting- I would be willing to give it a spin. Recommend you sent a private message (click on my avatar to access my profile and send me a private message from there)

Again, welcome aboard.

(BTW: Since this is a text based game, shouldn't this thread be in the Games board rather than Fiction?)
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 27-Jun-2009 at 10:56 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Thanks for the welcome!

I last visited here many years ago, and have fond memories of the great fiction I read here. Romero's Dead trilogy is what instantly hooked me on zombies in my early college years, and finding this site is a nice trip down memory lane... it's also great to know I'm not the only one who considers these films masterpieces!

Yojimbo, I've sent you a message and link to the game... anyone else interested, please let me know!

Oh, and feel free to move this post to "Games" if you think that's a better place... this is my first time here, so I wasn't sure which was more appropriate.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I'm up for it! PM me, por favor. That's how the Spanish say please.

United States
    A Zombie choose-your-own-adventure would be awesome.You can PM me about it.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Thanks to those who've given this a test so far... your help is REALLY appreciated!

EDIT 06/07/09:

Updated so it looks less like crap!

No new content, but lots of bug-fixes and a complete overhaul of the 'look'.

http://rapidshare.com/files/25223201...Dead_Beta5.zip

Run "main.htm" for a framed version with an adventure sheet to keep track of items, notes and to roll dice.

If you can't run or don't like frames, just start at "0.htm" and use a pen and paper!
    Last edited by Banjo; 06-Jul-2009 at 01:46 AM.