Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Seriously Fed Up

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    No, I don't Land is included in this "new" series, or whatever we should call it. Land is roughly 3 years into it. Day, we don't know, but I always viewed it Day as sort of the "dark ages" of humanity afterwards. All the food is gone, and people haven't quite gotten the hang of this survivor business just yet. So yes, I'm with ya. I'm looking forward to the next one after this one!

I think Romero said that he'll just keep making these films until he retires, because they apparently make money. I don't mind.

GAr is alot like Michael Jackson in the respect that the general public really doesn't appreciate him and probably will only realize the full impact he had on the genre (which he invented by the way and yes i realize that there were voodoo "zombies' before that) when he's gone and it's a shame too because there's really no one like himand it's very unlikely there will ever be another.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Somebody donate a copy to this man, STAT !! This is totally unacceptable.

Shit, I'll mail you one dude. Just let me know.
    The movie is only 40 years old. It still seems premature to buy a copy. I'm waiting for the final digitally remastered super-sparkly spoon in the ass director's cut colorized version to come out on next-gen blu-ray 3d holographic.

Wouldn't it be a mean trick though if I sent you the 30th anny edition !!
    Dang, that would be funny. I'd laugh all the way to the gun store.

I'd like to see a thread to politely discuss the Bub vs. Big Daddy compare/contrast topic. Not a Land bash thread. Or an "intelligent zombie ruined my zombie masterpiece" thread. But just some discussion over how they were similar/different, whether they were facets of the same phenomenon or really different creatures, behaviors, evolution, justification, etc. I'd start a thread for it but I cannot decide whether we could have that and it remain constructive.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    The movie is only 40 years old. It still seems premature to buy a copy. I'm waiting for the final digitally remastered super-sparkly spoon in the ass director's cut colorized version to come out on next-gen blu-ray 3d holographic.

Dang, that would be funny. I'd laugh all the way to the gun store.

I'd like to see a thread to politely discuss the Bub vs. Big Daddy compare/contrast topic. Not a Land bash thread. Or an "intelligent zombie ruined my zombie masterpiece" thread. But just some discussion over how they were similar/different, whether they were facets of the same phenomenon or really different creatures, behaviors, evolution, justification, etc. I'd start a thread for it but I cannot decide whether we could have that and it remain constructive.

I'd love to participate in a thread like that. I'd like to see where it leads.....

As a matter of fact that final paragraph you wrote could be cut and pasted into a dead discussion thread. We're just waiting on you.

You also throw a poll in there for good measure.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    GAr is alot like Michael Jackson in the respect that the general public really doesn't appreciate him and probably will only realize the full impact he had on the genre (which he invented by the way and yes i realize that there were voodoo "zombies' before that) when he's gone and it's a shame too because there's really no one like himand it's very unlikely there will ever be another.

:

Meh. .I don't know about this comparison Darth. They are both pretty darn recognised for thier contributions to the world. Especially MJ. GAR just doesn't have quite the fame and quite the craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    spoon in the ass .
    awwwww, is that an homage trin?
    Last edited by clanglee; 14-Jul-2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Meh. .I don't know about this comparison Darth. They are both pretty darn recognised for thier contributions to the world. Especially MJ. GAR just doesn't have quite the fame and quite the craziness.

Perhaps I didn't articulate it well but what I was trying to get at was that
    People are recognized for all type of things. But the history of things isn't written in the moment but years hence when we are removed from the time period and can evaluate things as a whole. Also, this usually occurs after people die.

Look at heath Ledger. We all knew he was a fine actor but we didn't "appreciate" him until he was gone. Same with Michael and I predict it will be the same with GAr.

We bust GAr's balls alot, especially his more recent works but wait until he kicks it and I'll wager that not a bad word will be uttered about him around here and we'll "appreciate" even the works which we don't like very much today.

And even not liking something doesn't mean you can't "appreciate" it. I can't stand kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics but I appreciate the fact that he's a hall of fame caliber player.

United States
    Especially MJ. GAR just doesn't have quite the fame and quite the craziness.
    Little known fact - GAR is actually African Canadian - the Canadian equivalent of black. Like MJ he lightened himself through the years. Of course, GAR did it first but everyone gives MJ credit for it - just like the zombies...

awwwww, is that an homage trin?
    Speak to the brown spoon...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No, the difference is, in the case of day, that we waited years for a movie that DIDN'T suck. (Cough....Land....cough....cough)
    (sneeze... Diary... sneeze/fart)

United States
    A little late getting here, but this caught my attention:

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NiD3xui_zM

It's kinda sad really.
    That's not unwatchable at all. Unlistenable (is that a word...?), yes, but nothing wrong with what's going on in the scene.

Something else that we never talk about, but is displayed in that clip: a lot of the extras kind of got the shit beat out of them. Count up how many get slammed into walls, punched in the face, and whatnot during that movie. Several of them took some abuse.