Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seriously Fed Up

Undisclosed

Seriously Fed Up

I am seriously fed up waiting for this new...Of The Dead flick. I am a huge Romero fan, but there comes a point when I feel that waiting for (and this is the worst part) a new "unnamed" Romero film starts to take its toll. What have we got so far? An preview in the form of an unfinished trailer and maybe a couple pics. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it. In my opinion it's a bad sign anyway that he hasn't released an official title for it yet. Grrrrrrrr!!!

Sorry...didn't mean to go all spastic on ya.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Good things come to those who wait.

And besides....It's an independent film. So I would imagine it takes a bit longer to finish/release. Unlike a large Hollywood flick.
    Last edited by bassman; 29-Jun-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Undisclosed
    I felt this way with Diary...it would not be shown in my area so I had to wait for Video...then I wished it did not come out on video.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    From what I have seen in the trailer and pics doesn't look like much worth waiting for to be honest.

However, at the indie level you run out of money quick and have to do things based on the $$$$ in your wallet. The funny thing is though, before the internet, none of us cared how long a GAR dead film took to get released, now, in the day and age of, ASAP, we all calmor for it like it should have been finished and released the week after principal photography finished.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 29-Jun-2009 at 05:30 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    think of the time between night and dawn, its a romero flick, it'll be worth the wait.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Amen, hell.

Super Moderator

United States
    The longer one waits between Romero zombie projects, the better the quality of the project.

Land being the exception that proves the rule, of course.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 29-Jun-2009 at 08:58 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
    Sorry...didn't mean to go all spastic on ya.
    I think it's safe to assume this flick probably wont be out until 2010 so I'm sure we'll have a few more spazzing out before then. No worries, Shadow.

United States
    Theres a big difference from the 6 year wait for Day to come out after Dawn. This difference is Romero started a movie and has been seriously slacking on it. I really don't have high hopes for this film, all the movies Romero has been cranking out lately really dont tickle my fancy.

Super Moderator

UK
    Cheeky bugger, Aces.

I was thinking about this flick yesterday actually as I poured over the Diary DVD extra features again yesterday as I lounged around in my bed, sweating buckets due to the humidity.

What's going on with "of the Dead" ... some blog stuff would be nice, some pics, a bit of video ... you know, something.

Mind you, it is indie, and they have their own schedules, and you always have to wait longer for them. Hopefully this one will blow Diary out of the water - a flick which I got enjoyment out of, but which I was fairly disappointed with (I much preferred Land to Diary), so hopefully "of the Dead" will turn out, after all this, to be spiffing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Theres a big difference from the 6 year wait for Day to come out after Dawn. This difference is Romero started a movie and has been seriously slacking on it. I really don't have high hopes for this film, all the movies Romero has been cranking out lately really dont tickle my fancy.

No, the difference is, in the case of day, that we waited years for a movie that DIDN'T suck. (Cough....Land....cough....cough)

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    No, the difference is, in the case of day, that we waited years for a movie that DIDN'T suck. (Cough....Land....cough....cough)

I think you're forgetting just how much Day of the Dead was considered a huge letdown after Dawn. Even if you go back to the late 1990s, on this very forum, Day was widely scorned by people saying it was slow, poorly acted, lacked action, had unsympathetic characters, a confusing ending and was generally considered the most boring movie Romero ever made. Back then, I was one of the few who defended the film. Now everyone loves it. The tide of opinion changed with Day, I think it will with Land too one day.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I think you're forgetting just how much Day of the Dead was considered a huge letdown after Dawn. Even if you go back to the late 1990s, on this very forum, Day was widely scorned by people saying it was slow, poorly acted, lacked action, had unsympathetic characters, a confusing ending and was generally considered the most boring movie Romero ever made. Back then, I was one of the few who defended the film. Now everyone loves it. The tide of opinion changed with Day, I think it will with Land too one day.
    Perhaps the tide hasn't changed but the people who didn't like the film either don't post anymore or aren't as vocal about it. Lotd is not Dotd by any stretch of the imagination and no amount of time is going to make it fit in with the trilogy.

I don't know who these people you speak of are but day of the dead is probably the best film of the trilogy. It appeals to a much larger demographic as well because unlike the other two it's not dated or campy.

Whatever your opinion is though I doubt anyony will come forward and argue against the statement that Day has some of the best gore effects ever captured on film. I mean it puts a film that was made 20 years after it (LOTD) to shame. Nuff said.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    COmpared to LAND, DAY is a masterpiece. I like Day of the Dead, and yeah the acting could use some work, but it is a horror film, how many horror films, can you count on one hand, that had good acting... other than DAWN.

Good acting and horror film are never usually mentioned in the same sentence.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    COmpared to LAND, DAY is a masterpiece. I like Day of the Dead, and yeah the acting could use some work, but it is a horror film, how many horror films, can you count on one hand, that had good acting... other than DAWN.

Good acting and horror film are never usually mentioned in the same sentence.

I respect your opinion since you actually do this shit for a living and I don't but imo day has way better acting than either dawn or night. I actually believe what I'm whatching in Day. With Dawn that was never the case.

Don't get me wrong Dawn is a better film if only for it's effect on pop culture and the classic satire in it but i said it before and I'll say it again. If you had a group of buds over that you wanted to show a zombie flick to and impress them as not to turn the off to it right away, which film would you show them. It has to be day for me. That right there says alot.