Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Night of the Living Dead's JUDITH RIDLEY!!!!

Undisclosed

Meet Night of the Living Dead's JUDITH RIDLEY!!!!

HUGE news for The Living Dead Festival on October 30 & 31...

"My Jacket's Caught!"

That's right, Night of the Living Dead's JUDITH RIDLEY will make her first-ever event appearance in the 42 years since the film was made. Ridley portrayed "Judy," part of the ill-fated boyfriend-girlfriend duo that died in the fiery blaze of a pickup truck explosion during the mad dash to the gas pump in the original 1968 shocker. Now is your BIG chance to meet one of the screen's ultimate horror heroines for the first time anywhere.

The Living Dead Festival is held annually in the town of Evans City, PA where Night of the Living Dead was shot in 1967. The event is organized by Gary Streiner, soundman and key production personnel on the film and at George Romero's Latent Image. Gary is busting butt big-time to put together the ultimate event for Night of the Living Dead fans, so it's time to help him out by spreading the word.

If you miss this event, you'd better be DEAD.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Whoa, Judith Ridley?!!!!

This is the Greatest news !! Well, I believe this means that attendance will be even larger than previously anticipated. Man ! I'm tellin' everyone !!!

Danny T.

United States
    This is awesome news Jim! I will definitely be attending the event this year and I hope it is a big success for Gary. I know this is really a labor of love for him.

capncnut
    Top news, Jim and thanks for sharing this with us. While I wont be attending (came close, mind) I expect full coverage from our members who will be in attendance. Noice!

Undisclosed
    Great News Guys!! keep up the good work
    looking foward in meeting her at the fest for '09!!

Undisclosed
    Can you believe it? Probably top of the wish list was Judith Ridley and we did it she will in fact do her first show ever in Evans City this October. We have my brother Russ to thank for Judy's appearance, he has been talking to her for years about doing shows. I am pissing myself with joy, fear and general excitement about this appearance.
    Last edited by gary; 08-Jul-2009 at 05:05 PM.

United States
    Thank you Dubious for the great info. This is too awesome!

Mrs. Yojimbo and I will be there and are looking forward to seeing Judy at the event-I didn't realize how hot she was until I saw her in "There's Always Vanilla" and we are also looking forward to meeting all you zombie freaks.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 08-Jul-2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I wonder why she didn't do any more films after There's Always Vanilla. Perhaps Gary or someone else on here knows? I thought she was very believable in the role of Judy - if a little too submissive, but that's how the role was written - and she certainly had the Hollywood looks.

Here's something from Wikipedia that I didn't know:

Ridley's role as Judy in the original Night of the Living Dead was written specifically for her, as the character did not exist prior to filming. The producers were so struck by her beauty and photogenic looks that they included her in the film, adding scenes for her character as they went along.

Wow! So basically Russ wrote her into the movie so he could build up the courage to ask her out. That ol' dawg!
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 08-Jul-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I wonder why she didn't do any more films after There's Always Vanilla. Perhaps Gary or someone else on here knows? I thought she was very believable in the role of Judy - if a little too submissive, but that's how the role was written - and she certainly had the Hollywood looks.
    Judy is a very private person that's why she hasn't done any shows to this point. She actually is an artiest and never planed on an acting career.

United States
    ok, hope no one read that post originally hahahaha, sounds awesome!!!

i wanna go to this and zombiefest so bad. $ is evil.
    Last edited by Trancelikestate; 08-Jul-2009 at 11:34 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post

Wow! So basically Russ wrote her into the movie so he could build up the courage to ask her out. That ol' dawg!
    Could you blame him though? She was gorgeous!

Smart man, that Russ!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    This sounds like it's shaping up to be an awesome event. Will the guest have a table set up to sign at like your average convention and also is there an updated list of guest anywhere or are Judith and Terry Gindele the only official guest as of yet?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnFan inCincy View Post
    Will the guest have a table set up to sign at like your average convention and also is there an updated list of guest anywhere or are Judith and Terry Gindele the only official guest as of yet?
    An additional guest has been added, Dave James. Dave was the last ghoul to be gunned down by the posse. Terry was the First to get it from Ben in the first attempt to get to the truck. Neither of these guys have been to a event ever. We will be updating information much more regularly in the next few weeks. And yes there will other guests for sure, in fact probably we will have one of the largest "Night" lists ever I would think.

Undisclosed
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. I also sent you an e-mail through your contact info on the fest page that I think might help you get the word out.

*EDIT: Actually I got a notice back the e-mail didn't go through, so I just sent you a private message here.
    Last edited by DawnFan inCincy; 12-Jul-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Undisclosed
    *EDIT: Actually I got a notice back the e-mail didn't go through, so I just sent you a private message here.[/QUOTE]

Not really sure your email didn't go through but I did get you pvt message. Thanks much