Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Good find dude!!

Atleast it's SOMETHING to wet our collective whistles.

Indeed - excellent find - really enjoyed it, and it's great to finally get to see some footage. Now we just need a proper, final trailer, title and all (), and then - obviously - the movie released, and we're all set.

I'm definitely more amped for this movie now than I have been in recent months what with the info drought, but I was more interested in this flick after the first announcement than I was with Diary, I have to say.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ...I was more interested in this flick after the first announcement than I was with Diary, I have to say.
    Same here. Probably because Romero's going back to "normal" filmmaking instead of the first person perspective. Although something tells me that there will still be first person video within the film...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Same here. Probably because Romero's going back to "normal" filmmaking instead of the first person perspective. Although something tells me that there will still be first person video within the film...
    I wonder where you might have heard that? Oh yeah, that was in the interview I conducted with Romero...

"As I say there's a little bit of subjective camera in the beginning and if I do this collection - if I wind up doing a couple more of these I would start it that way, just in deference to Diary. I sort of like that connection. The opening shot is Alan Van Sprang on a subjective camera. NOW, that's the way it's playing. The problem is all this shit can change within the next few weeks. We saved all of that to use now, so that we can go thru the film and see if there was any other places where we could use a little bit of narration or throw them in to help the story, same thing we did with Diary. We did all the narration after everything else was done, so that you could watch the movie and say well this is a little unclear, maybe we can bring in a shot of that to explain it. It's a trick, it's a device, but it works pretty well. It helps you glue it all together."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Huh....I guess that is where I got it from. I must have forgotten about that. Good call, pal.

Hopefully he steers as clear from the narration as he possibly can. It was a bit much in Diary...
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Aug-2009 at 05:10 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Hopefully he steers as clear from the narration as he possibly can. It was a bit much in Diary...
    Agreed. Diary was my least favorite film in the series, for many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    Nice little stunt fall by Monrozombi after being shot, I must admit.
    Last edited by thxleo; 14-Aug-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Agreed. Diary was my least favorite film in the series, for many reasons.

Nice little stunt fall by Monrozombi after being shot, I must admit.
    Thank you sir. Although on that take, i walked up too close to the mat and hit my head right on the dirt, it hurt like hell.