Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Survival of the Dead is a shitty name.
    my thoughts exactly...

United States
    Wow, not a fan of the name at all really. . . . Is this confirmed anywhere else aside from this particular site? Oh well. Don't think I'll be making it to Toronto any time soon.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    the more i think about it, the shittier the name sounds....i'm kind of negative at times, but that title is worse than anything i'd imagined...

United States
    wow, someone please help me understand the negativity over the name? We're getting a new Romero zombie film remember?

ViP

United States
    ...of the Dead would have been much better. Survival of the Dead, it sounds like a generic video game title. I'm not all that into the last two Romero zombie films. I wish to god he'd do something else.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

of the dead was better.

United States
    ...of the Dead would have been much better. Survival of the Dead, it sounds like a generic video game title. I'm not all that into the last two Romero zombie films. I wish to god he'd do something else.
    Did you like Bruiser? Dark Half? Monkey Shines? Two Evil Eyes?

When I talk to people at conventions about Romero, I hear they're so excited for a new zombie film and can't wait for it. But when he strays from it, I hear people say, why isn't he doing more zombie films? I know he does want to branch off but I think he's being pigeon-holed in today's film industry, he's known for zombies and will draw a bigger crowd for the film.

United States
    I'm not all that into the last two Romero zombie films. I wish to god he'd do something else.
    He wants to do other projects more than anyone knows.
    Frankly, I don't care what the new movie is called as long as it is a quality film.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Monrozombi View Post
    wow, someone please help me understand the negativity over the name? We're getting a new Romero zombie film remember?
    People like to piss and moan.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Monrozombi View Post
    Did you like Bruiser? Dark Half? Monkey Shines? Two Evil Eyes?

When I talk to people at conventions about Romero, I hear they're so excited for a new zombie film and can't wait for it. But when he strays from it, I hear people say, why isn't he doing more zombie films? I know he does want to branch off but I think he's being pigeon-holed in today's film industry, he's known for zombies and will draw a bigger crowd for the film.
    I like Monkey Shines and Two Evil Eyes. I also like Creepshow, Martin, and Knightriders a lot. I don't think Diary drew that big of an audience. I understand why he is doing them though. It isn't like folks are lining up to produce a romantic comedy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    He wants to do other projects more than anyone knows.
    Frankly, I don't care what the new movie is called as long as it is a quality film.
    I agree with that. No one will be happier than me (well, except for you maybe) if the movie turns out to be badass and epic.

United States
    Diary got a bum wrap from the Weinsteins from the start, it just didn't get the push it should have. Hell Universal did a better job compared to the Weinsteins...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    People like to piss and moan.
    internet dude, but its a romero flick, i know his last two got a bad rep, but ive seen way worse movies than land or dary and im entertained every time i watch them so i dont doubt i'll dig this, but still, theres gonna be bitching regardless.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Nice to get a full synopsis - sounds cool to me, I'm much more excited by this than I was with Diary - the idea of people living 'normal' lives with their undead loved ones chained up in their houses is a kick ass idea in itself. Hopefully GAR explores that one nicely, I imagine it could be quite a cool idea to see on screen.

Having gotten used to "...of the Dead" as the working title, I actually kinda like that now - it's a little cheeky in a way, considering all the previous films being "[something] of the Dead", but it's also a little bit thoughtful in a way, and a little bit quirky.

To me, "Survival of the Dead" sounds clunky, it's a mouthful, it's not snappy like Night-through-Land (Diary is a smidge clunky/iffy) ... and it sounds a bit, I duno, like a ropey flick a few mates made in their basement with ketchup for blood.

Maybe it'll grow on me, but I think it's iffy and a bit clunky, and it's made me like "...of the Dead" even more.

Properly looking forward to this flick though, I'll most certainly be there to see it in the cinema like I have been for Land and Diary.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Properly looking forward to this flick though, I'll most certainly be there to see it in the cinema like I have been for Land and Diary.
    i missed both, so im not fucking missing this.