Thread: Story Concept For Sale

United States

Story Concept For Sale

What's up my fellow Dead heads :-)

I'm preparing to apply to Wright State University's film school here in Ohio, but it's going to be a long process catching up on my basic schooling. Soooo... in the meantime, I'm going to have to work for others and help them on their projects.

I make music and soon I'll be advertising my scoring work that I've been working on, but at the moment I've got a story concept that I've just finished and I'm offering it to the most interested party. I don't have a set price just make an offer.

It's an original piece, it's not real long because it's just a story concept, but it does have specifics along with some key scenes written out, but it's written pretty open so it can be added to, customized and reworked a little to fit your own budget and needs. Here's the kicker however: It was written as a sequal to Land, or more directly to Day Of The Dead. No, it isn't another "Contagium". I'd like to think it's a lot more sophisticated than that, although the final product DOES depend on the director, as well as the budget. It explains how the whole thing got started, and in one of the optional endings brings the whole saga to a close.

It is already in the process of being formally copywritten with the US Copyright Office, so if you'd like to read it, drop me a line on my MySpace at www.myspace.com/xxxopher and we'll talk.

PEACE!
    xxxopher
    -There's Always Another Level-
    www.xxxopher.com

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Might be a hard sell, being it is a sequel. Without the proper rights from Universal or Taurus you would be in some deep shit, especially if any of the characters from either film is carried over.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Nah, it works as a standalone, just in the same universe. I just meant that it fits better in the universe of the old saga rather than Mr. Romero's new one. Although I just met a guy who works at the college who does CGI, and found out that I might can rent the camera I want from the film department, so I may end up using my story concept for my own work here soon, if I don't get some interest within the next couple of months. I'd prefer to make it myself, but I'm not making it unless I can at least go widescreen with a good quality lense, I'm not making something with a little $200 DVD cam lol. I love to do it HD, although I'd have to get a whole new system for it or find a way to do it up at the college.

If I use it for my own film, it'll be sort of a "Somewhere else that same 'Night'" type of thing, but nowadays instead of the 60's. Again, same universe, different characters.

OH YEAH, if someone else uses it, it TOTALLY DISREGARDS the Taurus installment "Day Of The Dead 2". AND, it's not called "Day Of The Dead - ANYTHING" I'm probably going to pick that one up soon, but I don't expect much from it.

Anyhow, I'm going to wait about two months before I decide to make it myself because I've got to make sure I can get a better camera and make sure my target local actors that I want are on board and whatnot.

Cheers :-)
    xxxopher
    -There's Always Another Level-
    www.xxxopher.com