Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G.i. Joe

Chasing Prey

Canada

G.i. Joe

saw it last night. it had a star wars vibe to it for some reason. GO SEE IT!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Last I heard....the studio refused to let the press get an early screening for reviews and the director was fired from the project so the studio could have final edit.

Not a good sign. But i'll still catch it on dvd or the tube.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Last I heard....the studio refused to let the press get an early screening for reviews and the director was fired from the project so the studio could have final edit.

Not a good sign. But i'll still catch it on dvd or the tube.

its on track to make a lot of cash....u seriously have to stop letting critics decide a movie for you. they trashed transformers 2....and that only made them look stupid as 2 months later its already made 818 million dollars. gi joe has already made 100 million

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    its on track to make a lot of cash....u seriously have to stop letting critics decide a movie for you. they trashed transformers 2....and that only made them look stupid as 2 months later its already made 818 million dollars. gi joe has already made 100 million
    Hannah Montana and Alvin and the Chipmunks made loads of cash. Take that for what you will...

And just for the record, I don't let critics make up my mind. This film never looked interesting to me, anyway. What I said in my first post is just icing on the cake to stop me from shelling out 10 bucks for theater. I'll catch it for a 3 dollar rental or free on the tube.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The amount of money a film makes does not mean it's a good movie. Transformers made a shload of cash, yet was a complete pile of garbage geared toward the MTV generation, in my opinion, and GI Joe looks exactly the same. From the pictures/videos I've seen of this movie, it seems to have very little to do with GI Joe, other than the moniker and the character names.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Saw it (go ahead and bash me). It was similar to Transformers in that most of the characters didn't look much like they're supposed to and all the action/chase scenes were much too quick and busy for anything truly amazing to be recognized. The ending reminded me a bit of the first X-men movie, but... y'know, a lot worse. Bottom line: only hardcore fans or people who really dig contrived, mindless action should watch it. Strike that: the hardcore fans would just be pissed. I know I am.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Hannah Montana and Alvin and the Chipmunks made loads of cash.
    Alvin and the Chipmunks were in a movie with Hannah Montana?

Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    u seriously have to stop letting critics decide a movie for you.
    As well as people who are all like "dude u have 2 go see this movie it rawks don't listen 2 stoopid critics i <3 GIJOE best movie ever!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Alvin and the Chipmunks were in a movie with Hannah Montana?
    It's bound to happen.

As well as people who are all like "dude u have 2 go see this movie it rawks don't listen 2 stoopid critics i <3 GIJOE best movie ever!"
    You did that too well!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    It's bound to happen.
    I just want to know how I missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    You did that too well!
    I had some help. Believe it or not, that is alarmingly close to a real posting on another message board. I simply changed "loved" to a "<3"

United States

I had some help. Believe it or not, that is alarmingly close to a real posting on another message board. I simply changed "loved" to a "<3"
    Man, I hate that kinda.... what do you call it-noob-talk? Ugh. Whatever, anyway back to this. G.I. Joe, huh? Never saw it. The only 80s cartoon I watched as, a youngling was Thundercats and coming back to that its pure cheese! In fact all, 80s cartoons seem like that. Maybe, its a 'I had to be there kinda thing'?

Saying, that isn't there a Thundercats movie coming?

Thunder Thunder THUNDERCATS! HO!

Is that how it went?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    The amount of money a film makes does not mean it's a good movie.
    Spot on, Pizz.

Y0u kn0w5 1t!!! L0LL3R5!!!

United States
    I'll pass on this one, it's never a good sign when a movie studio refuses to let people review thier movie.

Plus it doesn't intrest me in the slightest and I grew up watching G.I. Joe, hell, I still have all of my old G.I. Joe toys in my parents attic.

So yeah, count me out on this movie.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Canada
    Watched the first 20 minutes, and I was incredibly bored. Now, I know I can't review the entire film or anything, but if it is like the first little bit here is all you need to know:

"bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, BOOM RAGGGH BOOM GODDAMNED EXPLOSIONS, BOOM, ARGGGH, NINJAS AND OTHER DUMB CRAP, BOOM"

You remember how as a kid, when you played with toys, how you would always pretend a million things just exploded for no reason, and cars and trucks would get tossed around and thrown miles away? That was what I saw when I watched the first little bit of GI Joe; my old childhood explosion fetish.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    my old childhood explosion fetish.
    Years of therapy right there. . .years of it.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Saw it yesterday ... ... it was okay ... ... Rachel Nichols is well fit, but Transformers was a much better "movie of a cartoon of a toy".

I was satisfied by most of the action - although said action was far too frequent - the Paris chase was the best set piece (better than the final battle by quite a bit) ... Channing Tatum is a twat who just looked like he was staring dumbly through anyone he was supposed to be looking at while conversing with them, plus his acting in this was pish ... ... what the fudge monkies was with Ecclestone's accent - that's no kind of Scottish I've ever heard (Ecclestone is Northern by the way, Manchester if memory serves) ... ... "The Doctor" was pretty cool though, so I enjoyed all his scenes.

I know it's "rise of the cobra", but there were elements right at the end that I wished had been in this movie ... duno really.

Oh yeah, and the film is dripping with greasy cheese ... and there are some pretty big cliches thrown in there too. Transformers also explained the mythology better, and had a much better pace to it as well ... ... plus it also had a better script, and actors, and CGI ... seriously, some of the CGI in GI Joe looked pretty half-finished compared to some of the other CGI ... quite inconsistent quality wise at times.

So yeah, it's a movie about LOTS AND LOTS of stuff EXPLODING AND FLIPPING INTO THE AIR ... good enough distraction for 2 hours, but I did yawn a number of times during it, and saw many people taking a piss break during action scenes ... or rather, the whole movie, because it was 2 hours of almost non-stop action, with a few scenes of ropey dialogue and 'character' dotted around in a muddle.

Really dumb not-as-good-as-Transformers-by-a-considerable-margin fun ... during which you'll probably let slip a few yawns.

So yeah, it half-worked quite well, but it also half-didn't-work ... a mixed bag really, even for a big, loud action movie ... so I guess that's a really mixed bag.