United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    Friends?
    I pity anyone who has u for a friend.

Ill make this so simple even you
    can understand Diet-Khardis:

You are an asshole,
    and a douche bag.

Me. I am a rotten bastard and worse, I freely admit it.

But if u can't get along with Bassman who is
    one of the easiest people to get along with
    then there really is something wrong with you.

My apologies to everyone else for interupting this
    thread. I will not do so again.

U can reply if u want Diet Khardis but it won't be read
    by me. But do waste ur time if u feel like it.
    Every post you make aimed at me makes me laugh. I have this image of Kermit saying those things. Seriously though, I don't understand how the mods let posts like this one go. This post does not fall under "flaming"? Okay.
    You did get one thing right in your post though, you certainly are a rotten bastard. No argument from me.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    Well i hope u are not just realising that
    this is a bizzaro f*cked up universe and has been for a very long time.
    Then forgive me for refusing to pander to the lowest moronic denominator. No wait... on second thought, don't forgive me.

While I seldom agree with thxleo politically, that's no excuse to the join the obvious race to see who can act like the biggest tool in this forum. These poor attempts at homo-humor lack the wit of South Park, so it's time to get yourselves some new material.

capncnut
    I don't want to close the thread or warn anyone but I'm going to if I see any more flaming or namecalling.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Show me a poster, trailer, or press release that says it's the title. Otherwise it might as well still be Diary 2.
    I can show you the official George A. Romero myspace if it helps.

Clicky.

And there's this quote from the man himself.

Hi guys,

Some of you have been asking about the title of my new film. I called it "Survival of the Dead" because it's about a group of people who escape to a place they think is safe - an island where they hope to survive the war between the living and the dead.

That's how the story begins. By the end, something happens that makes the word "survival" take on a whole new meaning. I'm not going to give it away now.

Stay Scared,

George Romero
    Last edited by capncnut; 13-Aug-2009 at 03:30 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

Clicky.
    Cool. I had never seen that. Thanks.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I'm glad the man himself put a bit of explanation towards it.

I still prefer "...of the Dead" though.

Undisclosed
    "By the end, something happens that makes the word "survival" take on a whole new meaning. I'm not going to give it away now." - G. Romero

Now here's a thought: shut your collective pie-holes until you've actually seen the freakin' movie. At least that's how we used to enjoy a new George Romero film back in the 70s and 80s. It worked back then, certainly it can work now.

Thanks for that link, cap. You're the voice of reason, as usual.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I don't want to close the thread or warn anyone but I'm going to if I see any more flaming or namecalling.

Clicky.

And there's this quote from the man himself.

That's intersting. In many zombie flicks it's always the master plan to escape to "an island,any island", the rationale being it would be generaly safer there. I guess it's not the cure all it was made out to be in other films.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Now here's a thought: shut your collective pie-holes until you've actually seen the freakin' movie. At least that's how we used to enjoy a new George Romero film back in the 70s and 80s. It worked back then, certainly it can work now.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Damn, who was it who called it on the vega-pygmy angle?
    I believe that was my addition to this fine forum. And I stand by it.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Sounds pretty similar to the projects in Dawn, imo. Why were they keeping them caged? They're dead....pop em in the head and be done with it. Instead they chained, wrapped, and bagged them. Keeping them for dinner?
    I guess I see this as a bit different. In the Dawn projects they were early in the phenomenon and the people were displayed as not really thinking about it. They were emotionally clinging to a position of unreality. They didn't seem to be awaiting a cure so much as they were unsure what to do with their dead but didn't like the idea of strangers carting them off to be burned or shot in the head. The attitude was that there's still respect in dying, not that they were clinging to hope.

I don't see that kind of situation persisting to the point that rational, thinking men take up arms to protect their animated dead. And I don't see anyone really believing that a cure is forthcoming. The ghouls are simply an abomination of human life. No pulse, rotting flesh, cannibalistic cravings - who clings to hope in that? Salvation for these souls would more likely come from an exorcism than from a medical cure.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I hope to see skillfully handled subtext.
    Says in his best Riley voice, "That's what I like about you Aces, you still believe in skillfully handled subtext."

I am seriously considering going to see this movie drunk. That will effectively turn off my brain so I won't mentally pick it apart for plot development and it will also numb me to any social beatings I might otherwise endure. The only downside will be all the other theater patrons who will have to deal with my drunk-ass - oh, wait, there won't be anyone else there.
    Last edited by Trin; 13-Aug-2009 at 05:49 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I am seriously considering going to see this movie drunk. That will effectively turn off my brain so I won't mentally pick it apart for plot development and it will also numb me to any social beatings.
    Why not just apply whatever meaning you like to the film if it will make you feel better? Better yet, just pretend that there is no commentary. People have already done that with the original DAWN and it only took 30 years or so. I say why wait when you can start right now?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by George A. Romero View Post
    "By the end, something happens that makes the word "survival" take on a whole new meaning. I'm not going to give it away now."
    ZOMBIE BABIES!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

United States
    Yeah, good luck with that one.

That was before the internet. And yes all you young folk. . there was a BEFORE the internet.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Why not just apply whatever meaning you like to the film if it will make you feel better? Better yet, just pretend that there is no commentary. People have already done that with the original DAWN and it only took 30 years or so. I say why wait when you can start right now?
    The great thing about history is how often it changes.