Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Darabont and "The Walking Dead"

capncnut
    Threads merged.

And yeah, Headshot, this project is really tickling our undead fancies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I haven't read The Walking Dead, but I know of it ... ... and this news still makes me very happy.

It's gonna have shamblers in it, right?
    thats-thats so sad its beyond the pale of fail....

United States
    just when i had convinced myself that i wasn't going to get cable at my new apartment....maybe i'll just wait till they start releasing the seasons on dvd...either way, cool news.

i'll probably pull an elvis and shoot my tv set if they can't stay true to the title of "walking" i.e. shambling dead...fuck runners and superzombies left4dead crap)

...now when the hell is the 5th hardcover book coming out?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I'll come out and say I haven't read it either. I don't have the time for comics (except Viz )

United States
    Very good news. Darabont is a great choice for this type of thing & AMC is icing on the cake, as I'm sick of everything going to effing HBO & Showtime.

Undisclosed
    The Walking Dead is probably *the* best piece of zombie fiction not written by a guy named George Romero. It's seriously amazing, I can't say enough good things about it when recommending it to other fans.

I always felt The Walking Dead got Romero's universe just right with the characters and the overall vibe.

United States
    I haven't read these comic books either and I am soo excited about this happening!!! I do hope AMC picks it up. That channel gets a lot of viewers so I am sure it will be a popular show!
    I can't wait...I can't wait!!! Did I say...I CAN'T WAIT...YAHOOOOO!!!!

United States
    The Walking Dead is way better than any zombie story Romero has written. Yes, I said. Then again I guess thats not fair. Krikman gets to develope his characters and story in a series while, Romero only has time in an hour and thirty minutes-2 hour film.

Norway
    This could go either way. Either they focus on the slow pacing and isolation or they focus on the ninja chicks and gratious rape scenes. I am cynical so I recon the last, and then the comic will copy them with more ninja chicks and rape stuff and we end up with some tarantinousqe crap.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    This could go either way. Either they focus on the slow pacing and isolation or they focus on the ninja chicks and gratious rape scenes. I am cynical so I recon the last, and then the comic will copy them with more ninja chicks and rape stuff and we end up with some tarantinousqe crap.
    I don't watch any of AMC's dramas, but from what I hear they are very well done, so hopefully the latter would not be the case.

Undisclosed
    I just wet my pants....from excitement.

I recently bought all the Waling dead Volume books. A great series and to see it come to the screen with this type of talent behind is quite promising.
    I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful and rich an expression of life as growth~
    Henry Miller

Ireland
    Hmmm, after my initial "woohoo" and a discussion on the matter down the pub last night, I have come to the conclusion that this could go either way. Either great (if they stick closely to the original story), or rubbish (if it gets watered down like most American TV dramas).

The great thing about 'The Walking Dead' is that nobody in it is safe from harm. Everyone is subject to the danger that surrounds them and some of the deaths in the comic are shocking (something that doesn't happen to me often).

I think for 'The Walking Dead' to be a real success, it'll have to be done extremely humourlessly and with guts. It shouldn't be afraid to shock its audience.

Personally, I like a 'Day of the Dead' approach. No stupid humour, no stupid characters, no pussying out when showing the goods.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Canada
    I know Robert Kirkman has had a few offers to do a TV series, but has been waiting for the right deal to come along whereby it would stay true to what the comic book has done and is doing. He's not a stupid guy so I think if he let this deal go through then I think we are going to see just an awesome bit on television come down the pike soon that stays true to the books.

England
    Love the Walking Dead, waiting for Volume 10 to arrive at the moment. I'm defintely looking forward to this.

United States
    Would'nt it be great if Frank Darabont was able to shoot this in Pittsburgh? A kind of a tip of the hat to George Romero.