Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Darabont and "The Walking Dead"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    SHOCK VALUE... PLAIN AND SIMPLE

The Book ending was much better and should have been done.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    SHOCK VALUE... PLAIN AND SIMPLE

The Book ending was much better and should have been done.
    i thought the book and the movie ending was the same, they think there goners, turns out not so much. very effective and nihilistic which was a big change of pace in a horror film. no usual last minute shock or some shit.

-now that i think about it couldve sworn they made a big deal about keeping the ending, that the big wigs wanted to change it to a happy ending.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    -now that i think about it couldve sworn they made a big deal about keeping the ending, that the big wigs wanted to change it to a happy ending.
    If I remember correctly, they say in the special features that there was a lot of pressure to give it a happy ending but both Darabont and King wanted the ending we have now so the studio backed off. King actually says that he prefers the film's ending over his own.

Since we're on the subject of The Mist - Did anyone watch the Black and White version? VERY COOL. It's what Darabont originally wanted, but of course the studio wouldn't let it happen. It's a very cool special feature on the dvd and it really takes the mood of the film up a notch.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Watched it on my Blu-Ray. I dig the B&W version, has a better fear factor to it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    -ooh, side thing here, but image is putting out a $1 reprint of issue one sometime soon. Its the only issue ive not got a 1st printing of so his is gonna have to do.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Latest casting rumor - Superman?

It is just a rumor, but they say their sources are solid. I know opinions of Superman Returns are mixed, but I think Routh is a solid actor. One thing to consider is that he and Darabont have "worked" together before. If you've seen the Superman Returns special features, you know what i'm talking about..
    Last edited by bassman; 12-Apr-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    I don't have a problem with Routh, it'll be interesting to see how he actually gets cast...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    i put something up in another walking dead thread a week or so ago about someone being cast for rick grimes, in case anyone missed it...

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.co...ead-lead-.html

Super Moderator

United States
    Yeah, I like Lincoln for the role, but they'll have to grime him up a bit for it (pardon the pun). I'm used to seeing him in 'quirky' but still enjoyable Brit comedies, (in which I actually liked him).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Canada
    Wait, they are making a Star Wars comedy series? the hell?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Wait, they are making a Star Wars comedy series? the hell?
    Oh, yeah. The Robot Chicken folks are involved.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Stick with Doctor Who, I say, they seem to give a @#$% about their fans.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post

Stick with Doctor Who, I say, they seem to give a @#$% about their fans.
    I dunno, I know Doctor Who has it's loyal fans and I'm sure it's quite good and I might very well enjoy it if I could give it a chance, but the early production values seemed so kitschy in a way I wasn't use to, that I always think of Doctor Who as the leisure suit of Sci Fi. Yet, I like the hokey kitsch of OG Star Trek, because those are the reruns I was used to seeing growing up...go figure.

Don't hate me.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Don't hate me.
    No hate, Aces, we all have our favorite SF shows. Guilty pleasure or not.

But seriously; George Lucas keeps dropping the ball on making a truly spectacular Star Wars tv show. The original Clone Wars miniseries was pretty decent, but the new cgi show is >meh< to me, at best. And now a Star Wars sitcom? uhh...

I think I'm just gonna avoid the whole franchise for the next 20 years. Maybe after Lucas croaks we'll see a remake. No running droids, though...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Canada
    With our luck Billy, he'll have his brain removed from his skull and placed in that General Grevious body from Episode 3.

You think people were afraid to challenge his creative skills now, imagine when he has the body of an 8 foot tall 4 armed cyborg.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Got a nifty little interview with Darabont, here.

I think there’s going to be obviously an ongoing dialogue with standards and practices, but I think we have a friendly venue in AMC, if you see the kind of edgy stuff that Breaking Bad is doing, which I adore, by the way. I don’t think we’re going to be lacking for adult content or the ability to depict the world that we’re depicting. I don’t think we’re going to have that many constraints, and if there are they’ll be in minor increments that will not affect the storytelling that we’re doing. It will just give us an opportunity to maybe do an enhanced cut on DVD or something, but I really don’t think we’ll be constrained too far. I’m certainly not getting the sense that AMC is there to interfere; they are a fantastic group of folks, and they’re very excited about this. They really want to enable rather than hinder this process.

Also another cast member to add to the list. Darabont regular Jeffrey DeMunn. You know him because he's been in everything Darabont does. He also happens to be a fantastic actor, imo. Good news.