Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: GAR Intelligent Zombies - Bub vs. Big Daddy

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    In Land, Fiddler's Green was one of many high-end living spaces quaranteed from the living dead. Refer to the Fiddlers Green commercial in the movie which states "unlike those other places" ....the victims in Day had not even one such place to go..that they knew about anyway. As far as they were concerned they were the last people on earth.
    We have absolutely no evidence that there were people outside the Green in Land. That video could've been years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Land had managed to carve out an actual society (a microcosm of our own maybe) the same could not be said for the desperate people driven underground in Day.
    What does having a society prove? That's more a function of number of people than a function of time.

The situations in both Land and Day could've lasted indefinitely.

I feel like Land is after Day for a lot of reasons centered around the attitudes and behavior of the people. Philly will be quick to point out that all my reasons support Land being before Day. We each think the other is crazy. Good times.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    There is no way to prove it either way save for clarification from Romero himself, but it feels like Land was after Day ...Day just happened to portray a very grim and doomed corner of the earth.

United States
    This thread went wildly off-topic in my absence...

First issue: I loooooooove the fact that Romero gives no explanation for the rising of the dead. As evidenced by this thread, it would have made the movies wholly unpopular simply due to the fact that we would just spend all day punching holes in the ultimate cause. Finding the cause would also lead to a 'cure' and thats just no fun anyway

Scond issue: Land or Day? The Chicken or the Egg?

I could care less. My problem will always be thus: I guess Riley invented the fucking Surface to Air Missle, since the dead rose in the 60's and Dead Reckoning features technology far advanced beyond that time frame...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    I could care less. My problem will always be thus: I guess Riley invented the fucking Surface to Air Missle, since the dead rose in the 60's and Dead Reckoning features technology far advanced beyond that time frame...
    I think the dead rose in the year 2010 in Iowa. It just looked like the 60's.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.