Thread: Well, I saw MI3, and thought it was pretty good...

Administrator

England

Well, I saw MI3, and thought it was pretty good...

A good summer action flick with a couple of very clever/cool sequences in there!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dead

Undisclosed
    I wasn't expecting that kind of opinion from you. Just seemed like you were on the whole anti-Tom Cruise movement. But the movie was good. I liked it more than M:I2. I just wonder how much shorter the movie would've been if you make all the slow motion shots normal.

Banned User

United States

Talking

I saw it today only because me and my friend missed the devinci code. i really loved it. Also did you notice that Shaun from Shaun of the Dead was in the movie? That alone made it worth watching.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thought it was a pretty good flick. It seemed sort of short, though.

The main thing it had working for it(as opposed to the other two films) was that Ethan Hunt was more human. For the first time, we get to see a bit of his personal life and it helps the audience to connect with the character a bit more.

Did anyone else laugh when the explosive charge went off in the girl's head and her eyes went into different directions? I couldn't help it....I laughed out loud and almost the entire theater turned to look at me...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04
    I wasn't expecting that kind of opinion from you. Just seemed like you were on the whole anti-Tom Cruise movement. But the movie was good. I liked it more than M:I2. I just wonder how much shorter the movie would've been if you make all the slow motion shots normal.
    Complete huh? I'm completely ANTI the anti-Tom Cruise nonsense we see the press perveying, and the public sucking up... The guy always seems to conduct himself professionally, and more importantly in a friendly way.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers is a relative of a friend of mine, and the guy came back saying how nice Cruise was to work with...

So I can only believe what I've seen, and what I've heard from people who have actually worked with him. I don't believe anything the papers print when it involves trying to sell more editions...

MI2 was pretty weak!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    MI2 was pretty weak!
    Oh come on man! Those doves flying through every scene was pure genius I tell ya!

Dead

Undisclosed
    Complete huh? I'm completely ANTI the anti-Tom Cruise nonsense we see the press perveying, and the public sucking up... The guy always seems to conduct himself professionally, and more importantly in a friendly way.
    I just thought you seemed a bit shocked when I put my opinion of the new movie here a few weeks ago. It just appeared you were part of the anti-Tom Cruise thing. I have to admit I think the man does act crazy a lot in public though. Especially the way he chased down Katie Holmes during Oprah. Reminded me of a Friday the 13th film.

Undisclosed
    A good summer action flick with a couple of very clever/cool sequences in there!
    Did TC jump on any couches...?

God help him if the metachlorine aliens got TC, that's why he must feast on his baby's placenta...

Jump TC!!! they're here!!!!

Hee hee hee
    Last edited by FleshMask; 22-May-2006 at 09:36 PM.
    I hate kids, bossy women, and well... everyone.