Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock 2

Administrator

England

Hancock 2

Seems like I'm one of the few people who actually enjoyed the original...

Sure it had flaws but I still enjoyed it. Hopefully a sequel can improve on it...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hanco...ter-14500.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Ugh ... the first was forgettable, watered down pish, which had moments of interest.

I wanted the full-on R-Rated Hancock, but oh no, can't have Will Smith doing that ... let's just make a lame movie with a twist you see coming from a bajillion miles away.

Got no interest in seeing it again, let alone a sequel.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I kinda liked it. But I do remember thinking the "villain" was kinda forced into it somehow. He had no real reason to hate Hancock.

Administrator

England
    Yeh... All valid grievances... But I still enjoyed it
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Aw, hell no!

(I haven't even seen the first one yet and don't really care to.)

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i really liked hancock, but does the story need a sequel?, not really, it ended with him finally settling into the role of a hero, what more did you need to see?, hes the only superhero and theres no supervillians, it can only be two things, one: its more of the same, two: a "previous unknown" superpowered villain shows up.

if something besides those two are the outcome ill eat my hat with a bagel and cream cheese.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Mmmm.... bagel... But seriously, I'm sick and tired of sequels! Originality, people! It's out there, I know it!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I recall thinking Hancock was "okay", but now I can't remember very much of it. That says alot, right there...

I'm all for sequels if there's a story to tell, but this?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I recall thinking Hancock was "okay", but now I can't remember very much of it. That says alot, right there...

I'm all for sequels if there's a story to tell, but this?
    Sequels are better than a whole line of remakes though.

I'd rather have a pointless sequel than a pointless remake.

United States
    I dunno. . I really liked Hancock. It explored a different side of the superhero persona. . one that we havn't seen on screen at least. I think there's still plenty left to do with the story, although I would prefer a prequel. . .showing his downward spiral.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    The previews led you to believe the movie was going to blow you away. In instead I was given this major snoozefest. I'll pass on part II should it come out.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I dunno. . I really liked Hancock. It explored a different side of the superhero persona. . one that we havn't seen on screen at least.
    Agreed. I thought the origin was kinda interesting & how the pieces to his background/what happened to him came together.

I wouldn't mind a sequel, cause I kinda always hated when they do an "origin" story for an original superhero & then you're left thinking "I want to see what happens next!" (Unbreakable is a HUGE example to me....would have LOVED to see a sequel to that one.)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    (Unbreakable is a HUGE example to me....would have LOVED to see a sequel to that one.)
    Oh yes indeed!!! I agree 100% Loved that movie. . and it ended feeling like it was just beginning.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Sequels are better than a whole line of remakes though.

I'd rather have a pointless sequel than a pointless remake.
    This. I'm SO sick of f*cking remakes, man....

I rather enjoyed the first one, so I'd be down with a sequel if they have a decent story behind it.

"You boys sure you wanna ride this train?" <cue Sanford & Son music>