Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halloween 2

United States
    well, me and the new ladyfriend sat down and watched RZ's first halloween on dvd (she'd not seen it, but is a fan of the first couple of JC halloween films) and then went and saw RZ's H2 in theaters friday. we both thought it was a super-shitty movie, here's why, minor spoilers may follow.

overall, i'd give this one maybe a 2/10, and that's being generous. and that's only for a couple of great kill scenes, the inclusion of the original NOTLD on the tv in the background in one scene, and the opening 30 minutes or so showing the aftermath of the first film, and then when michael comes back and is rampaging through the hospital...then you are shown that that part was one of his sister's many nightmares, and then it all goes downhill from there.

once you see how fucked up michael myers sister has gotten and what sort of style/friends she keeps (could just be a matter of taste, but i really didn't dig the whole "wannabe punk, party-animal, hipster-tramp" look), the film really takes a nose-dive...then you also realize that half the film is just a bunch of lame dream/nightmare sequences with loud screaming, flashing lights, and loud noise, it gets even worse. and wtf is with mikey eating raw dog meat? loomis was a fucking joke, they should have left his ass dead...then throw in the fact that RZ had to go and put his talentless wife into the film every twenty minutes or so, and this film takes on huge levels of suck-age. the diarrhea icing on the turd cake came at the end where his sister came outside of the shack with his mask on....skinny little stick-figure bitch wearing a ripped-up and torn michael myers mask that appeared to be the size of a parka....fucking lame.....half the theater was laughing at that part. i almost felt embarrassed for RZ at that point...

definitely not gonna pick up the dvd of this one. maybe one day it'll be on tv and if i've got nothing else going on, i'd sit through it again....but like i've said before, rz should've done H1 and H2 as one solid remake and that would've been okay...

a buddy at work last night and i discussed this film and he had pretty much the same opinion. catch it at a cheap-theater, walk out after she wakes up and starts whining about her dreams, and save yourself the time of sitting through the rest of this travesty.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 08-Sep-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    i dug it. but theres only so much originality you can put into a remake because it already has its fans and its history. so, kudos to rob for doing what he wanted to do with this film and the character of michael myers. i prefer the classics, but compared to most horror these days, i really loive robs work.

I agree. Say what you want but atleast the man has a creative vision he sees through to fruition. He's alot like GAr in that respect.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Halloween 2 must be total shit... it didn't even make the top 10 and has only grossed half of what the 2007 film made.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Halloween 2 must be total shit... it didn't even make the top 10 and has only grossed half of what the 2007 film made.
    I haven't seen the film, but I just have to say it....

Because we all know that how much a film makes measures how good it is...

United States
    good point, but he's right, halloween 2 is shit save for the first 20 minutes and a few great kills later on...so about 90% shit.

United States
    Maybe they would have made a bit more money if they released it a little later in the year........maybe near HALLOWEEN!!!
    I'll never understand why RZ's Halloween movies were released in August.
    I mean come on.....just look at the frick'n title of the movie!
    When was the last time someone released a Christmas movie in June?!?!?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by tkane18 View Post
    Maybe they would have made a bit more money if they released it a little later in the year........maybe near HALLOWEEN!!!
    I'll never understand why RZ's Halloween movies were released in August.
    I mean come on.....just look at the frick'n title of the movie!
    When was the last time someone released a Christmas movie in June?!?!?
    I know! Your movie is named "HALLOWEEN" - release it for fucking HALLOWEEN!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not only is it silly for them to release it in August, but it always makes the creators have to hurry along and rush the project. October would make more sense from a marketing angle and it would also give the creators an extra month or two...