Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: AUTOPSY Of The DEAD Documentary Update

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    I watched it all, everything in one sitting. It was a real kick in the ass for me I totally enjoyed it, seeing the old gang. A little like going to my 40th class reunion. I think it will become a must for the real Night fans.
    My copy is on it's way and I'm really, really, REALLY gagging to see it. I don't think it's an overstatement to say that it's already shaping up to be the best documentary about Night yet and I am OVERready to view and review.

You guys (past and present) kick ass. I just hope you know that.

Undisclosed
    Appreciate all the feedback hearing you are enjoying it. That's fun to read! It was definitely a real labor of love for us to make.

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Jim,
    I watched it all, everything in one sitting. It was a real kick in the ass for me I totally enjoyed it, seeing the old gang. A little like going to my 40th class reunion. I think it will become a must for the real Night fans.
    Thanks to you and Jeff for making it,
    Gary
    Thanks Gary -

Very nice of your to say and it was our pleasure. The film has meant so much to Jim and I through the years that it was a lot of fun to be able to try to document/preserve as much as possible and share it with fellow fans.

Thanks for letting us sneak into your class reunion It was a blast!

Jeff
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 29-Sep-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Kudos to the first person that finds the Easter Eggs.
    I found one of 'em. It's available after viewing the DVD credits but the other one...

Great documentary. Really enjoyed seeing all the less spotlighted members of the cast and hearing their recollections of working on Night.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    I found one of 'em. It's available after viewing the DVD credits but the other one...
    You get kudos for finding the first Easter Egg. The second one requires a bit of "waiting" to reveal itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Got my copy tonight. I was also happy to receive a Bill 'Chilly Billy' Cardille autograph... #2 of 8!

I am going to try and wait to watch it until Halloween. I'm not sure if I will be able to last!
    You're a better man that I if you can hold out for five weeks. I couldn't wait five minutes to watch the whole thing, and I was there asking all the questions!

Back in stock at Slamazon.

capncnut

Weevoo tahm!

Right, got my copy in the mail earlier today (Neil and Andy, check your mail in a few days ) so I thought I'd throw out a little review.

My expectations for Autopsy were high because I know the respect Jeff and Jim have for the film. It's not an attempt to better any other documentary about Night already out there (well maybe just a little bit), it's a labour of love, which is oh so evident throughout the whole DVD.

Essentially, it is a two-plus-hour collection of interviews with not only the main players and crew but also the lesser-knowns, some of whom have the most interesting stories to tell. These are intercut with rare photographs, rare behind the scenes snippets, trailers and music cues, a majority of which have not been included in other titles.

You got Chuck Craig in the original newsroom, sharing a wealth of information regarding his entire career and role in the film. You got Kyra Schon in the original basement, pointing to the still visible chocolate sauce stains on the floor, talking about her memories of being stuck on that table - bored to death - during a deleted scene of Harry and Helen bickering. In fact, you got pretty much everyone barring Romero and the deceased. It is physically impossible for me to recount all the fantastic little stories and memories from all the people involved, it really is the ultimate package for Night nerds.

Oh and Mr. Gary Streiner. Your contributions had me falling on the floor, especially the tale about the truck explosion. In some ways, you are the smiling 'soul glue' of the documentary...

But yeah, without spoiling any more, this is easily the best Night documentary out there and is the final word on the subject.

Extras are great and include various items such as location comparisons (then and now), an interesting profile on Rick Catizone of The Animators, original trailers, radio spots (the radio spot menu of the Zenith radio had me orgasming), a dedication feature, etc. Really top notch.

Overall, it is a well researched, well made must-have for any Night fan. Your collection is incomplete without it. Good job, guys.
    Last edited by capncnut; 06-Oct-2009 at 05:08 PM.

United States
    thanks for the detailed review, cap. i was already looking at picking this up, but after reading that, i headed directly over to the AotD website and ordered my copy today.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    thanks for the detailed review, cap. i was already looking at picking this up, but after reading that, i headed directly over to the AotD website and ordered my copy today.
    Good news, Prof. The documentary seriously delivers and the rest of youze need to treat yourselves as well. Top fuckin' notch and gonna have a second sitting of the main feature after I have a shower.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    gonna have a second sitting of the main feature after I have a shower.
    You LIE! What you're really gonna do is watch your screen credit for two hours.

capncnut
    You LIE! What you're really gonna do is watch your screen credit for two hours.
    Already did that.

But no, I had round two late yesterday night and loved it even better than the first sitting. More time to absorb the memories and to rewind a particlar part if I liked it or didn't pick up on it. Watched the web clips too. Awesome.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Watched the web clips too. Awesome.
    Hey, you need to get those clips up on HPOTD pronto so that everyone can enjoy them.

So nobody ever found the second Easter Egg? I'm so disappointed...

United States
    Yes, you are. We'll be sure to make an announcement when the DVDs containing autographed photos have sold out.
    I just gotta ask something before I buy. At the moment what are the chances you run out of promotional autographs? What if I order right this very minute and before it's confirmed you run out? Is my order locked in digitally? It is now 5:30 pm Mountain Time, and I'm in Boise, ID. LOL(but really not kidding)
    Your response is very much appreciated
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    At the moment what are the chances you run out of promotional autographs?
    You guys will be the first to know when the autographed photo begin running thin. Trust me.

United States
    You guys will be the first to know when the autographed photo begin running thin. Trust me.
    Sweet! Thanks! I believe I will go make a purchase.
    P.S.
    Please use all your extra sensory powers to pick me out a Kyra Schon when you pull my order.
    I believe in you
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

United States
    woo-hoo! that means i get an autographed photo, too!!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    woo-hoo! that means i get an autographed photo, too!!!
    Yes, you did.

I'm bummed that nobody found the second Easter Egg yet. It's the best one!