Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: AUTOPSY Of The DEAD Documentary Update

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    I'm bummed that nobody found the second Easter Egg yet. It's the best one!
    I found it. Actually you told me it's location after I PM'ed you but it turns out I had already seen it. Or them.

Christmas Island
    I'm bummed that nobody found the second Easter Egg yet. It's the best one!
    Can you give an itsy-bitsy hint? I did some waiting with the menus, especially with the special features menu since that featured full motion video, but couldn't find anything.

Undisclosed
    Cool to see that everyone is enjoying Autopsy as much as we enjoyed making it. Appreciate all of your comments.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    Can you give an itsy-bitsy hint? I did some waiting with the menus, especially with the special features menu since that featured full motion video, but couldn't find anything.

Well if you tap on the top of your head with your left hand while tapping the pause button with your right big toe while you are on the 3rd menu

I sent you a pm hint.

Undisclosed

Bonus web clips!

Exclusive bonus interview clips are now online at Homepage of the Dead. Click here to view the videos.

Here's a sample: Bill Hinzman on early career, The Latent Image and the making of Night of the Living Dead

More bonus video clips coming soon...

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by C5NOTLD View Post
    Well if you tap on the top of your head with your left hand while tapping the pause button with your right big toe while you are on the 3rd menu
    All that head and toe tapping worked! Talk about an interactive easter egg.

Seriously though, nice additions to the package.

Administrator

England
    Incase you missed the news page entry... Some exclusive clips... http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=14958
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Incase you missed the news page entry... Some exclusive clips... http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=14958
    Is it just me, or is it just a bunch of HTML text, rather than any embedded videos?

I just copied the urls into my browser and watched them that way.

Cool vids too.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Is it just me, or is it just a bunch of HTML text, rather than any embedded videos?
    MZ, each link should launch a pop-up window containing the video clip.

I couldn't figure out how to do that myself in the above post, so I just posted a link. Great job, Neil!

Undisclosed
    Great job, Neil!
    Yes - that's

United States
    just wanted to drop in and post my thoughts about this documentary in a nutshell....

first off, night of the living dead is one of my favorite films of all time. it's the first romero dead film i saw (at a very impressionable age), and i was instantly hooked. i've probably watched it over a hundred times, at least. i own the millennium edition dvd, the complete night of the living dead filmbook, the russo novelization, the audio cassette adaptation, have a digital copy of the soundtrack, a magazine commemorating the 25th anniversary, a poster on my wall, and a few other little odds and ends related to the film.....so up till now, i thought i had a pretty solid, almost complete understanding about how the film was made and whatnot.

however, Autopsy of the Dead was full of all sorts of interesting facts, interviews with extras and various ghouls, awesome comparison shots of the filming locations then and now, and features i'd not seen before. it was very cool to see the various ghouls and crew members describe their experiences with the making of this film. many of these people i'd never even seen prior to watching autopsy, so now i've got a new appreciation for the various unnamed ghouls. the stand-alone documentary is well worth the price of the dvd, and all the bonus features are the icing on the cake. for anyone who calls themselves a true fan of the movie, this dvd is a must-own.

my new ladyfriend hasn't seen any of the romero dead films, and since hallowen is just around the corner, we've planned ahead and will be watching the big 3 over then next couple of weekends...while i was planning on not breaking out my copy of NotLD till i sat down with her to watch it, after finishing autopsy last night, i think another viewing in between now and then wouldn't hurt any.

thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this, you did an amazing job. and hell yeah, now i've got an autographed photo of charles craig! ( whom i didn't even realize filled in as a ghoul in a few scenes). again, good work, and for those who are thinking of picking this up, you won't be disappointed.

capncnut
    Glad you liked it, man. I've watched it a few times now and keep noticing little tidbits I overlooked before. Awesome documentary.

Undisclosed
    Thanks for the feedback, dudes. I'm glad to hear that everyone is enjoying the DVD.

We could really use some comments on Amazon and the IMDB, so please post your feedback there--good or bad.

And don't forget that the free autographed photos are due to the kindness of the NOTLD folks that appear in the documentary. Sure, we made the prints, but everyone agreed to sign 'em for free.

Super Moderator

United States
    This long term relationship-thing is finally paying off. Word has it I will be getting a copy for my anniversary

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Word has it I will be getting a copy for my anniversary
    Hopefully you don't have very long to wait.

Super Moderator

United States
    Hopefully you don't have very long to wait.
    You're telling me! I'm fairly chomping at the bit, as I've only heard good things and all from people who know Night far better than I do.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany