Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: AUTOPSY Of The DEAD Documentary Update

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Thanks, Aces. You got to see the documentary?
    Yup, after not getting a copy as had been promised for an anniversary present (dames!), I eventually made it a priority. I may be a Philistine, but I have moments of tasteful lucidity in my otherwise questionable choices of viewing material.

I thought it was great, not that I'm the best judge in this case, as Night is probably the film in the series I know the least about. It also got strong interest from a few people who screened it with me. One of my friends who was sitting in for part of it, but had to beg out and was thoroughly impressed from what little he saw. He's not into Romero or the other films so much, but Night was his first foray into horror at a pretty young age and he loves it. So, that's going to be his present come the holiday season.

Returning to my opinion of the docu, I'll say--again, as someone who is probably not up to snuff on his notld knowledge--it was fun and eye-opening. A tightly packed treasure trove of lore. Plus, it's always nice to see something put together by people who have knowledge and passion for the topic, it gives it perspective you don't always get from some slap-dash efforts that get cobbled together just to get tagged on as a DVD extra to some re-release (not speaking of other notld docus here per se, just noting a general trend in some film docus).

A definite thumbs up from me!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Since Autopsy is a Zombie Documentary, are you up against a Hillbilly Music Drama?
    lol No. Up against films from 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, Anchor Bay, Image, Elm Street Legacy, etc.

Glad you finally got to see it AcesandEights appreciate your comments.
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 22-Sep-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: sp

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by C5NOTLD View Post
    lol No. Up against films from 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, Anchor Bay, Image, Elm Street Legacy, etc.
    You mean to say those studios haven't produced any Hillbilly Musical Dramas?

(I'm afraid that reference went way over my head.)

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I may be a Philistine, but I have moments of tasteful lucidity in my otherwise questionable choices of viewing material.
    That's probably the best written line in any review of the documentary yet.

Glad that you've had a chance to see and enjoy it, Aces. The prevailing theme under which Autopsy was can be best summed up as "just imagine if your grandma had appeared in the Citizen Kane of all horror films."

United States
    can you use a fake email for voting on that site? i really don't like giving my email address out, and i noticed that there was something about needing an email address and being contacted by other parties....ugh.

but i really would like to vote for AotD, it is a great piece of work.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    You mean to say those studios haven't produced any Hillbilly Musical Dramas?

(I'm afraid that reference went way over my head.)

I was referring to the Deadlands voting from awhile back.

It's called Callback, son.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    can you use a fake email for voting on that site? i really don't like giving my email address out, and i noticed that there was something about needing an email address and being contacted by other parties....ugh.
    You know something, I never noticed that since I haven't voted. Personally, I would use an auxiliary account like gmail or hotmail, and then just set anything from Questex Media as spam.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    It's called Callback, son.
    There is a hillbilly musical drama entitled Callback? I thought it was called Deliverance!

United States
    well, i'll put up with a few spam messages to show my support for what you and jeff did. again, great work, fellas. will cast my vote this evening....and them tomorrow i'll use my other email address and vote for ya again from the library on campus.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    well, i'll put up with a few spam messages to show my support for what you and jeff did. again, great work, fellas. will cast my vote this evening....and them tomorrow i'll use my other email address and vote for ya again from the library on campus.
    Thanks for your support, Prof.! It never occurred to me that it's possible to vote from more than one e-mail account, but certainly Fox, Lions Gate and Anchor Bay are all playing that way for the win.

Here's a scan of The Dispatch and Rock Island Argus news article featuring AUTOPSY of the DEAD director Jeff Carney. For the full-size scan, click here.

George seems pretty happy to meet Jeff!

Undisclosed
    The Patrick Phillips Show Halloween Special is online now. The one hour Halloween zombie themed episode includes interviews with guests: Max Brooks (Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide), George Romero (Survival Of The Dead), Jeff Carney (Producer/Director Autopsy Of The Dead), Jim Fyfe (Dark Shadows), Elvira, and Larry Kirchner (top 13 Haunts in the U.S.)

Undisclosed
    Autopsy Of The Dead

Best Documentary Of The Year Winner - Dead Letter Awards

Best Independent Film Of The Year Nominee - Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards

Best Direct To Video Title Of The Year Nominee - Video Store Magazine/Reaper Awards (celebrity judge Roger Corman)

With the success of the Autopsy Of The Dead DVD, the coroner has excised 36 deleted interiew clips and added them online for the hardcore George Romero and Night Of The Living Dead Fans.

The 2 hr 24 minute fan favorite, Autopsy Of The Dead, which won Best Documentary Of The Year at the Dead Letter Awards, got even bigger with nearly 2 hours of additional online deleted interview clips. Autopsy is a unprecedented documentary on the making of the greatest horror film ever made as you go behind the scenes of Night Of The Living Dead with these brand new and exclusive interviews with the people who were there as first hand witnesses to zombie horror history. In 1968 the dead walked, now the dead will talk like never before....

Between the Autopsy Of The Dead DVD and the nearly 2 hrs of free online Deleted Footage interviews - fans now have nearly 5 1/2 hours to view on their favorite horror film, Night Of The Living Dead. The legend lives on with this fresh and fascinating look at the cast/crew of the George Romero classic!

Click here to see all 36 Deleted Footage Interview clips which have been added online

Four sample clips below.

Steve Hutsko Deleted Footage - Bill Cardille's cameraman during the posse scene

Gary Streiner Deleted Footage

Kyra Schon Deleted Footage

Bill Hinzman Deleted Footage
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 04-Mar-2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: added

Undisclosed
    Autopsy Of The Dead will be at Saturday Nightmares June 3-5 (Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel) in East Rutherford NJ so be sure to stop by and say hi. You will be able to purchase your copy of Autopsy and They Won't Stay Dead Soundtrack CD (the most complete digital restoration of the original library music from Night Of The Living Dead ever!)
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 03-Jun-2011 at 10:20 PM. Reason: add

Undisclosed
    Recording was recently posted of the discussion panel devoted to the Dead Letter award-winning Documentary, Autopsy Of The Dead, from the Famous Monsters Convention.

Undisclosed
    AUTOPSY of the DEAD 'Save the Chapel' Holiday Sale!

Order the NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD documentary that won't stay dead, AUTOPSY of the DEAD, and 50% of the sale will be donated towards the preservation of the Evans City Cemetery chapel. Packed with nearly three hours of content on the making of George Romero's modern horror masterpiece, the 144-minute documentary includes extensive interviews with Bill Hinzman, Kyra Schon, Gary Streiner, Bill Cardille, Charles Craig and more.

As a special bonus, your DVD will include a limited edition 5x7 autographed photo while supplies last. This offer is valid for one week and available only through this link. Sales ends at midnight December 21st, so order your copy today and receive it in time for the holidays!

Here's some examples of the 5x7 autographed photo randomly packaged with each DVD.

-- -------- Post added 19-Dec-2011 at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was 14-Dec-2011 at 02:18 AM ----------

Time is running out on the offer to help save the chapel. Don't miss out and thanks to all who took advantage of the sale!
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 19-Dec-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: added photo

Undisclosed
    If are you a fan of NOTLD then you won't want to miss the upcoming posting tonight on the AUTOPSY of the DEAD facebook page. Something so shocking and never before seen from Night Of The Living Dead - we are not responsible if your eyeballs pop out of your head with excitement.

Don't say we didn't warn you - it's only the tip of the iceberg of what is to come...

United States
    any link for the facebook-aphobics?