Japanese movie artwork has long been of personal interest, it's quite unlike anything else in the world. Most specifically (but not limited to) items called 'Chirashi' (or 映画チラシ). They are 7"x10" flyers placed in cinema lobbies in Japan to promote current and future movie releases. They often take the form of a miniature replica of the movie's poster with promotional photos and information on the reverse. They're usually a single double-sided page, but two or four page versions are sometimes produced. Another interesting item specific to Japan are Movie Programs (or パンフレット). These are only usually sold during the original theatrical run of a given film in Japan. They often contain many unique colour and black and white photos & artwork, information on the film, the cast & crew, all written in Japanese over around 10 to 40 pages. A4 (295mm x 210mm) is the most popular size, but many can be found in B5 (7" x 10") and B4 (14" x 10") formats too.

In searching out the many Japanese Evil Dead Trilogy items for my Evil Dead collection, other select Japanese horror & sci-fi movie related promotional items such as flyers & programs have also been acquired. Given their rarity in the west I thought many people here may be interested to see high quality scans. Everything below has been scanned personally at 600dpi and saved as 85% compression JPEGs. Just click on this link to be taken to my site where these scans and a number of others are hosted.

http://www.bookofthedead.ws/website/...tem_scans.html

Dawn Of The Dead - Japanese Movie Programme

Dawn Of The Dead (Version 1) - Japanese 'Chirashi' Promo Flyer

Dawn Of The Dead (Version 2) - Japanese 'Chirashi' Promo Flyer

Dawn Of The Dead (Version 3) - Japanese 'Chirashi' Promo Flyer

Day Of The Dead - Japanese Movie Programme

Day Of The Dead (Version 1) - Japanese 'Chirashi' Promo Flyer

Day Of The Dead (Version 2) - Japanese 'Chirashi' Promo Flyer

Day Of The Dead (Version 3) - Japanese 'Chirashi' Promo Flyer