Thread: Cheapest Flights?

Undisclosed

Cheapest Flights?

Hey all,

I am trying to plan to attend the convention on Oct 30-31st to meet Judy Ridley and other guests, and I am trying to find the cheapest tickets for a round trip from Portland, Oregon to Pittsburg...I don't know much about even Pennsylvania and navigating on how to find everything is a concern for me.

If I am going to do this trip, I would like to go to the Evan's City Cematary too. So far, all the ticket prices I can find around closer to $500.00, that unfortunatly is just a bit more money than what I have right now...

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance

Tommy
    Tommy Peters
    Lucky Star Productions

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Night2008 View Post
    Hey all,

I am trying to plan to attend the convention on Oct 30-31st to meet Judy Ridley and other guests, and I am trying to find the cheapest tickets for a round trip from Portland, Oregon to Pittsburg...I don't know much about even Pennsylvania and navigating on how to find everything is a concern for me.

If I am going to do this trip, I would like to go to the Evan's City Cematary too. So far, all the ticket prices I can find around closer to $500.00, that unfortunatly is just a bit more money than what I have right now...

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance

Tommy
    Tommy, try Orbitz. I see plenty of flights between Portland and Pittsburgh at around $280 including tax.

Once you find the flight you're looking for, hunt around the web for Orbitz coupons because you can probably knock a few more dollars off the price. You'll probably need to rent a car to get between Pittsburgh and Evans City, so you may also be able to find a cheap flight-hotel-car rental combo deal.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Tommy, try Orbitz. I see plenty of flights between Portland and Pittsburgh at around $280 including tax.

Once you find the flight you're looking for, hunt around the web for Orbitz coupons because you can probably knock a few more dollars off the price. You'll probably need to rent a car to get between Pittsburgh and Evans City, so you may also be able to find a cheap flight-hotel-car rental combo deal.
    Wouldn't it be a LOT cheaper to get a bus or train between the Pitt and Evans City. Maybe not, I don't know what public transport is like on your side of the pond, but over here, for that distance it would be like ten times cheaper.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Wouldn't it be a LOT cheaper to get a bus or train between the Pitt and Evans City. Maybe not, I don't know what public transport is like on your side of the pond, but over here, for that distance it would be like ten times cheaper.
    Dude, Evans City is farming country. It's an easy drive to downtown Pittsburgh--less than 30 minutes--but I don't believe mass transit exists between the city and Butler County.

Undisclosed
    Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. I don't drive, so maybe I will have to check into a bus or train. This is getting close, and I am running out of time to do this. I might have to postpone this, and go to a Convention next year, because I found out that Judy Ridley was attending on short notice.

I'll check what my options are.

Thanks
    Tommy Peters
    Lucky Star Productions