Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Robocop (film) reboot

Undisclosed
    Directed by the guy who did the two 'Tropa De Elite' (Elite Squad) films?
    Robocop is in good hands. Those two were smart action films. Let's hope the studio doesn't interfere too much and that they can go for the R rating.

Administrator

England
    Looks like we have our new Officer Murphy then...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Joel-...tar-29783.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't know his work, but i'm still excited to see how this little experiment turns out....

United States
    That article is funny considering robocop wasn't even filmed in Detroit.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Bit of a weird one with the accents. I can stomach a fake american like Christian Bale (who also does interviews in his american accent. Let's not forget he's not even English - he's from bloody wales!) a lot more than I can stomach an american doing a british accent.
    Does Bale still do interviews in an American accent? I thought he only did that for the press marketing of Batman Begins because he was afraid of the backlash from fans if they found out he was playing such an iconic American character? Once The Dark Knight rolled around and he had proven himself, he used his natural tongue. I suppose he was right to worry what people would think of him playing Batman. Apparently some people don't care about performance, but where you were born?
    Last edited by bassman; 05-Mar-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Canada
    so is this a faithful remake to the original or a dawn 04 style "remake" ?

as i've seen hours of interview footage from the original movie..........

and isnt he a bit too tall to play the role since they wanted an average size man who didnt look intimidating at all and could actually fit into the suit

he's the same height as arnold schwarzenegger who they said was "too tall" to play the role
    Last edited by acealive1; 12-Mar-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: ....

Super Moderator

United States
    It's a prequel. A steampunk prequel.

(I wish)

Honestly...looks like they're trying to a more down to earth tack on it:

In the first 'RoboCop' when Alex Murphy is shot, gunned down, then you see some hospitals and stuff and then you cut to him as RoboCop. My movie is between those two cuts. How do you make RoboCop? How do you slowly bring a guy to be a robot? How do you actually take humanity out of someone and how do you program a brain, so to speak, and how does that affect an individual?"

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    does that means the cyberdyne link will remain or actually be shown in this one? it'd be great if they let us know for sure what all of murphy is really inside the suit instead of us guessing for decades

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    does that means the cyberdyne link will remain or actually be shown in this one? it'd be great if they let us know for sure what all of murphy is really inside the suit instead of us guessing for decades
    Wow, that's probably the most interesting possibility I've heard that could be involved in the remake. Totally forgot about all the cyberdine stuff.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I only recall the cyberdine connection in the robocop vs terminator comics. Might be cool to see though. I'm worried about the costume. The original is so perfect.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    I only recall the cyberdine connection in the robocop vs terminator comics. Might be cool to see though. I'm worried about the costume. The original is so perfect.

frank miller nearly wrote the endo skeleton into robocop 2

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I always assumed that inside the suit was the remainder of Murphy's face, brain, and organs - which circulates fluid to the machine - and nothing else...."Total body prosthesis" was Miguel Ferrer's quote...

sorry, if that was slightly off topic and unrelated to Cyberdyne stuff.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Administrator

England
    The new Robocop will not hide his face...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Joel-...ace-30148.html

As much as I loved the original suit, it was a bit of a flaw how no one ever seemed to be able to shoot his (unprotected) jaw/mouth!
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    the new robocop will not hide his face...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/joel-...ace-30148.html

as much as i loved the original suit, it was a bit of a flaw how no one ever seemed to be able to shoot his (unprotected) jaw/mouth!
    no no no.

-- -------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

F*ck this remake.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.