Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Robocop (film) reboot

Undisclosed
    If it walks like a duck ...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58358

That wont go down well with the fans.
    Last edited by krisvds; 16-Sep-2012 at 04:57 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Oy that's piss poor.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    If it walks like a duck ...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58358

That wont go down well with the fans.
    Looks more like a man in an outfit, than a cyborg?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Don't know. I think it looks OK.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I want to like this so much, I really do but they aren't making it easy for me. I remember sitting down and watching Robocop 1 and 2 on VHS when I was like, 8. I loved those films so much (1 more than 2) so when I first heard about the remake, I was worried, but then I heard that Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman and Samuel L Jackson was in it and I was excited again...

But that suit... looks like they bought it for a dollar (yep, that pun didn't work did it. for shame) it's way too much like the Batman suit and although that was perfect for Batman, it's not for Robocop.

Oh, I have this horrible feeling as well that they're gonna make this a PG-13, just because they can.

Should I give up hope now or wait for a trailer? There's just something about this that isn't sitting right with me
    Last edited by Cykotic; 17-Sep-2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: forgot something

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the suit on the whole doesnt bug me, all techs sleeker now, as long as he moves more machine like than man thats cool, but the helmet change on the visor seems a bit pointless.

that and marvels xman cyclops gets a new costume soon thats eerily similar. thats just wierd timing.

Undisclosed
    I hope this new suit doesn't allow robocop to go all kung fu during the action scenes. To me part of the appeal of the old design was that it looked so unwieldy. Robocop moving very slowly and mechanically towards his targets was part of what made the character special.

I also expect lotsa CGI shenanigans. I like the Tropa de Elite films but remain sceptical about this remake. Just read an interview with Belgian actor Matthias Schoenaerts which you guys should definitely check out in 'Bullhead'. He was offered the main role at some point but refused because he felt 'it wouldn't help his carreer much'. Make of that what you will. Seems like a polite way to say the script is perhaps a bit shitty?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    I hope this new suit doesn't allow robocop to go all kung fu during the action scenes. To me part of the appeal of the old design was that it looked so unwieldy. Robocop moving very slowly and mechanically towards his targets was part of what made the character special?
    Oh God! hadn't even considered that!?

Oh god no!

EDIT: Bigger/better versions of the pictures here - http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94813
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I hate to tell you this but I've already seen martial arts mentioned somewhere.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    No way! No no no!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Maybe they can just CGI the whole damn character & have him run & jump & climb walls & ceilings & shit like all of those crazy ass robots in "I, Robot"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    Do be honest that doesnt bother me. i know it does some because they felt his mechanical movements made him feel more like an unstoppable tank but for me the mechanical stuff was more important to his mannerisms and his loss of humanity yknow?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    It will be dog shit.

My new cinemagoing manifesto:

Don't watch sequels to films released within the last three years. Don't watch remakes of films which were made within, or have cinematic sequels that were made within, the last 25 years. Don't watch "reboots", ever. Don't watch nostalgic "grown-up" adaptations of children's cartoons, ever. Don't support Hollywood laziness!
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 17-Sep-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: rectum

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What about the Star Trek reboot? That was kick ass.

I see no need to remake Robocop, but damn from the sound of it I just walked into an elderly home with a bunch of easily aggrivated gentlemen shaking their cane's at the television.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    What about the Star Trek reboot? That was kick ass.

I see no need to remake Robocop, but damn from the sound of it I just walked into an elderly home with a bunch of easily aggrivated gentlemen shaking their cane's at the television.
    honestly i dont see the big deal either, all the more since robocop still totally holds up, ive watched it like 3 times recently since its on uk netflix and its not like the new one will show it up or something.