Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Robocop (film) reboot

United States
    Aaaahahahaha!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

This new suit is pretty close to how I imagined it really. Some nods to the original, but updated with a slicker look.
    Meh. I don't have any fan investment in this either way, but it looks a bit too "I'm Batman" for my tastes. Too much of a stealth armor look to it and not cyborgy, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Moved from August 9, 2013 release date to February 7, 2014

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    If they keep moving it back maybe they can do enought reshoots where they've actually shot a whole 'nother movie. One that actually looks good.

Being Attacked

Aaland
    No idea Though will love to see its sequel! loved the 1st one

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I understand why it's PG-13 - maximise your money take for your budget - but at the same time it just seems daft. Not only are you watering down violence, which just seems like a daft thing to do anyway, the whole point was that in the original movie crime had got so bad that they needed to resort to these extreme measures with these killing machines roaming the streets with very strict rules in their database. A softy-wofty PG-13 world will just seem a bit weird ... sure, you can allude to the big crime problem, but at the same time ... meh.

Another R-Rated franchise gets a punch in the todger.

I think they mentioned 'oh but look at The Dark Knight, that was rated PG-13' ... yeah, but the Batman movies have never been higher than a PG-13 IIRC, whereas the first three RoboCop films - in the UK at least - were 18/18/15.

Also, I hate that 'baby poo brown' colour on ED-209 ... wtf is that? Cold steel blue would be much more fitting, or an urban camo type look ... not poo water brown.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 22-Jul-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Administrator

England
    There was this version...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    There was this version...

This:

Shall never be beaten ... that thing was flippin' scary ... the growl & lunge it'd do when you'd not yet complied, it's deep vocal demands, it's devastating firepower ... the original was ruddy intimidating. I'd thoroughly cack myself if that thing was in front of me!

United States
    ED is the least objectionable thing I've seen so far, but that's really not saying much. Change the color, & he'd be almost perfect. Too bad even the mighty ED-209 ain't gonna be able to save this stinker.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 23-Jul-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: No

England
    They should have got Pete Travis to direct it after the awesome job he made of Dredd, it would have been in safe hands there.

Ireland
    I don't think anybody could rescue a PG13 Robocop
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I don't think anybody could rescue a PG13 Robocop
    Not a PG-13 one no, but had he been in charge and been allowed to make it an 18, it could have been awesome...

Administrator

England
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeSfnIT_Bw

See how they've toned down his death? A single car bomb... Hmmmmm!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^

That left me pretty cold ... I'll see it - eventually - but I won't be slapping down cash at the cinema for it, no way, no how. Yeah, this feels a bit safe - the original felt dangerous; it had a mean streak, so there was a sense of threat ... this trailer just makes it feel too slick, too safe, too PG-13.

I've been meaning to get a new copy of RoboCop - is there a good Blu-Ray with plenty of extras on it out there? If not yet, then surely when this CGI-fest comes out.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think it looks pretty fun....

There also appears to be a great deal of Oldman, Jackson, and Keaton. That's always a good thing...