Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TIME magazine - Ask George Romero a question

United States

TIME magazine - Ask George Romero a question

Undisclosed
    Does someone actually think Time will publish this question and answer in their Mag?

More of a request than a question:

Mr. Romero with all due respect, and you command all the respect in the world for what you have accomplished but I implore you to please stop making "dead" films.

You are one of my all time film hero's but this new batch of CGI heavy "digital dead" films are way below the high standard you have already set yourself. Perhaps its your own fault for setting the bar so high many years ago.

Please don't make any more. I can't continue to defend your legacy if your new films continue to be terrible.

your sincerely
    a huge Romero fan

Read more: http://10questions.time.com/2010/05/...#ixzz0oHwMQnG7

United States
    Skippy, that wasn't in the form of a question...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

United States
    Do you ever feel you have gone too far down the path of using zombies as a metaphor for social issues, and left behind not only the horror aspects of the genre, but the personal, character-driven piece, as well?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Skippy, that wasn't in the form of a question...
    And pretty damn rude, too. There are nicer ways of suggesting his newer films aren't that great...
    Last edited by bassman; 18-May-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Does someone actually think Time will publish this question and answer in their Mag?

More of a request than a question:

Mr. Romero with all due respect, and you command all the respect in the world for what you have accomplished but I implore you to please stop making "dead" films.

You are one of my all time film hero's but this new batch of CGI heavy "digital dead" films are way below the high standard you have already set yourself. Perhaps its your own fault for setting the bar so high many years ago.

Please don't make any more. I can't continue to defend your legacy if your new films continue to be terrible.

your sincerely
    a huge Romero fan

Read more: http://10questions.time.com/2010/05/...#ixzz0oHwMQnG7
    wow. did this maroon ever miss the point or what? it was "ask romero a question" not "stand on your personal cinematic soapbox."
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    wow. did this maroon ever miss the point or what? it was "ask romero a question" not "stand on your personal cinematic soapbox."
    I am glad someone realized I did not ask or make this statement... it was from the bottom of the page written by someone else. Although I have not cared for Romero's latest endeavors I would hardly tell him these things. I would rather he get back to his roots, maybe watch his old movies and try not to re-invent the wheel.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    I am glad someone realized I did not ask or make this statement... it was from the bottom of the page written by someone else. Although I have not cared for Romero's latest endeavors I would hardly tell him these things. I would rather he get back to his roots, maybe watch his old movies and try not to re-invent the wheel.
    well skippy, i actually read through most of the questions/comments directed toward romero. i guess a lot of folks didn't.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    And pretty damn rude, too. There are nicer ways of suggesting his newer films aren't that great...
    That's what passes for rudeness in GA?

Damn. Don't come to NY. lol

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    While I can, to some extent, understand your position (if not agree with it), do you really think that your personal opinion, and the opinions of those who share your view, should be allowed to override the hopes and expectations of those among us who still want to see another Romero Dead film? Wouldn't it be a freer, fairer and less hysterial arrangement if you just never watched another Romero movie, moved on, and let the rest of us get on with watching whatever we want? Then we're all happy, right?
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 19-May-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    While I can, to some extent, understand your position (if not agree with it), do you really think that your personal opinion, and the opinions of those who share your view, should be allowed to override the hopes and expectations of those among us who still want to see another GOOD Romero Dead film? Wouldn't it be a freer, fairer and less hysterial arrangement if you just never watched another Romero movie, moved on, and let the rest of us get on with watching whatever we want? Then we're all happy, right?
    There, i fixed it for ya.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Two movies ago I would've accepted an Average Romero Dead movie. Now, though, Average may not be synonymous with Good. Stop pulling down the average GAR!!!
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    There, i fixed it for ya.

To be honest, I'd rather see a sucky one than none at all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    even after my post and skippy's some of you still don't seem to realize that skippy was QUOTING one of the questions/comments from the article as an example of the asinine nature of some of them.

here's an idea: actually bother to read the linked article before going off.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    just asked the question I think most likely to be answered:

if you had an unlimited budget and access to any cast or crew you wanted, what movie would you make?
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.