Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "9/11 was a beautiful thing" claims Lemonhead

capncnut

"9/11 was a beautiful thing" claims Lemonhead

Lemonheads singer, Evan Dando, has made one seriously fucked up comment to the tabloids by claiming 9/11 was a 'beautiful thing'.

The singer, who witnessed the attacks unfold from his nearby New York apartment roof, said: "I had a good experience that day. I'd always wanted to see a plane crash. I don't know if that's morbid - it was kind of beautiful in a weird way."

Click
    for article.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    He also claims it was a bomb that brought the towers down and not the planes.

Super Moderator

United States
    Mmmm, pretty bad misstep. Maybe he was strung out at the time or maybe he was having some sort existential breakthrough.

Anyway, does anyone know if the Lemonheads have done anything decent aside from their cover of Mrs. Robinson? That's a serious question, as I don't recall hearing any of their other work.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Anyway, does anyone know if the Lemonheads have done anything decent aside from their cover of Mrs. Robinson? That's a serious question, as I don't recall hearing any of their other work.
    It's A Shame About Ray (which had Mrs. Robinson on it) and the follow up album, Come On Feel The Lemonheads are both tight albums.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    I started to get really sad about 9/11 about a year later, once I'd realised people had died in there.
    is this fucking guy for real?? what kind of planet do you have to be from not to immediately realize that a large passenger plane crashing into a giant skyscraper is going to kill lots and lots of people. this dude has the empathy of a piece of granite.

and for the record: the lemonheads suck rhino ass.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ...what is lemonhead?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ...what is lemonhead?
    apparently someone who doesn't know that planes + impact with large building= lots of people dying horribly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ...what is lemonhead?

An asshole that says dumb shit about 9-11....

Also a very tart candy.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Dando's had a reputation for being a bit of a douche,anyway. Sounds like he's got a new project in the pipe and wants to make the news.

Y'know, like any starlet trying to drum up interest in whatever romantic comedy drek they're promoting by alluding to bisexuality.

Made up controversy = $$$
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Dando's had a reputation for being a bit of a douche,anyway. Sounds like he's got a new project in the pipe and wants to make the news.
    you're probably onto something here. if he was trying to drum up attention, there are better ways than letting idiotic crap about 9/11 slip through his teeth.

hell man, he could've started a feud with kanye west and gotten mass mileage out of it. i'm sure kanye would've taken the bait. perhaps he could've started it off with the gay fish joke from south park...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    hell man, he could've started a feud with kanye west and gotten mass mileage out of it. i'm sure kanye would've taken the bait. perhaps he could've started it off with the gay fish joke from south park...
    The first Kanye diss that came to mind was so inappropriate I couldn't include, but surely that would have been a better way to garner publicity.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    is this fucking guy for real?? what kind of planet do you have to be from not to immediately realize that a large passenger plane crashing into a giant skyscraper is going to kill lots and lots of people. this dude has the empathy of a piece of granite.

and for the record: the lemonheads suck rhino ass.
    Agree with mike. I would like to bitch slap this guy just on principle.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    PECKERheads singer, Evan Dando, has made one seriously fucked up comment to the tabloids by claiming 9/11 was a 'beautiful thing'.

Click
    for article.
    There, fixed it for ya.

capncnut
    Regardless of whether his music sucks rhino ass or if he has a new album to promote, it's a grave he's now dug himself into. He's an American and I can't see many Americans agreeing with this fucked-up shit.

I didn't mind The Lemonheads back in the early nineties but now I'd like to wrap that bat, which I wanted to use on Kuntye, right around his crust.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I didn't mind The Lemonheads back in the early nineties but now I'd like to wrap that bat, which I wanted to use on Kuntye, right around his crust.
    i have a bat i'll loan you for kuntye as long as i get to take high speed film of the whole thing. that way we can all enjoy it over and over again in slow motion.