Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEADLANDS 2 HD DVD pre-order Link and Special features List

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ANOTHER UPDATE:

Ok, I know you guys are getting excited and anxious. The HD DVD Check Disc Sample arrived today

Ignore the fact that it says dual layer, tis all the blank media the studio had.

I can say the PQ in this is exactly how I intended it. It looks perfect to what the master I sent and no where near as dark as the DVD release.

I did however find some hiccups in the AQ regarding the work print commentary in which the commentary was 4 seconds earlier than the action on screen.

I also found some mastering glitches with button functions using the chapter selction system. I reported them to Anthem and the Stamper which will cause about a 10 day delay because they have to fix the hiccup, if they don't and you go to use the chapter selection system it will crash the disc to a stop and you will have to power down and reboot your HD DVD player in order to get it to work again.

Because of this issue as I stated, it will be another 10 day delay.... Sorry, but the studio and I don't want to send out defective discs so please bare with us on this small tech issue.

Also of note, and this could be just because it is a check disc made on Writeable media, but You need at least firmware 3.0 in order for the disc to play.

To ensure the disc would work on all Toshiba units 1st gen - 3rd gen, I went on ebay and bought all the first gen units I could find, I didn't do any firmware updates to those units and the disc played fine, I assume the previous owners did the updates.

2nd gen units played the disc using the latest and greatest firmware

3rd gen units I had V 1.3 on all of them and the disc would not load, once I did a 3.0 upgrade the disc loaded and played within 25 seconds (Give or take)

The Overall Audio Mix in Dolby Digital + sound really good, and the original 2.0 audio is included as well.

The new featurettes looked clean and have nice AQ, at least to my ears.

However, the glitches I mentioned earlier will cause a delay in getting it out as it has to be fixed.

Any questions let me know

Gary
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Some pics of what the final package would look like in the HD DVD case

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK