Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another 3-D NIGHT Rip-off

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Why do these movies continue to suck within the genre?

Because these people just don't get it. Zombies alone do not a movie make. They're basically just fodder. "OOh look how scary they are." "Look how much gore we can put on the screen."

What's scarier to me is what the situation of the dead rising has done to us humans and the chaos that ensues because of that.

No matter what one might say about GAr he is the "master" because seemingly only he has been able to pull this off. How did he do it you might ask? By using the ghouls as a vehicle to employ his satirical purposes not as the focus of the story. The trilogy unfolds in such a way that you could concievably substitute the zombie plauge for any other high magnitude disaster and still have virtually the same story of humans at each others throats when they really should be pulling together.

Note to hack film makers: You really should be writing this down. Because imo, GAr isn't going to be around forever and whoever masters that will be the new king. Atleast to me.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Small Danielle Harris Interview

Joe Pilato, Danielle Harris, Mos Def, and Bill Mosley? Even though I'm pretty much against this thing....I've got to admit that the cast is pretty badass.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Small Danielle Harris Interview

Joe Pilato, Danielle Harris, Mos Def, and Bill Mosley? Even though I'm pretty much against this thing....I've got to admit that the cast is pretty badass.
    Then again, Ghey '08 managed to land some names too. We all see how well THAT turned out...

United States
    "It's a prequel, it's current times, it takes place in New York City, and it's pretty insane."
    to quote that old pace picante salsa commercial:

"New York City?"

fucking ghey...i may end up checking this out when it hits theaters, but that little tidbit of info just lowered the small level of interest i had in this project dramatically.

while i think it's still cool that pilato is involved, and that makes me somewhat optimistic, part of the charm and magic of the original was the rural pennsylvania setting. now they're talking about the NYC as a setting...in modern day....that's not at all what i had in mind when i first heard about this film.

they should just go ahead and change the title and characters' names since they're already pissing all over the original. fucking name-rape at its worst.

Dying

Undisclosed

Night of the Living Dead: Origins? Now filming?

Ok, haven't heard of this one...so its animated, in 3D, with Bill Mosely (as Johnny, again, same part as 1990 Savini directed remake), Joe Pilato (as Harry Cooper, no less) and Danielle Harris (as Barbara, who apparently aged 20 years in this version). How'd I miss this?

According to Mosely from Shock Till You Drop, "First of all, it’s set in New York City, so it ends up following the story (of the original) but at the same time placing it instead of rural Pennsylvania, right in the middle of town. I think what’s really cool about it is because it’s the animated process, you can really do things for the story elements that would normally cost a lot of money, like actually shooting in New York. Zebediah’s a really cool guy, he’s got a cool vision so I’m really excited to be a part of that."

How'd I miss this?
    Geo the Giant Killer aka Geophyrd aka me
    http://geophyrd.livejournal.com/

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Dying

Undisclosed

Well

That'll learn me. Sorry about that.
    Geo the Giant Killer aka Geophyrd aka me
    http://geophyrd.livejournal.com/

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Geophyrd View Post
    Yeah, that search tab is a motha ain't it?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Geophyrd View Post
    Wasn't trying to be a douche. Just pointing you toward the opinions.

Undisclosed
    Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    heh... I liked when King put that in The Shining (it was The Shining, right?). Great line, great writer, great book.
    *in background: "Great Scott!"*
    Shut up, Doc.

United States
    Another animated thing? Jeesh, probably cg animation. I guess we will never see another Fire And Ice or Heavy Metal.

capncnut
    Popping my head in a bit late but yeah, threads merged.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Tony Todd is back as Ben. Apparently Mos Def dropped out and Todd took over the role he played in Night90.

I wanted to make this look like a living Monet; it's expressionism," de Soto said in an earlier interview. "It's going to be the first zombie movie played on a epic scale. This is the 'Empire of the Sun' of zombie films ... I lived through the L.A. riots and saw the city on fire; I remember seeing people running, people getting pulled out of cars. And with 9/11, these images have been ingrained on people of my generation. I just thought that is the way it would really be, a lot of chaos.
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Feb-2010 at 11:03 PM.

capncnut
    Right, Dubious, me and you, I got one rope. You ready, pal?