Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Resident Evil

Banned User

United States
    The RE franchise dissed GAR, p...

For some fans, that alone is enough to blast it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    My problem with the RE zombies is that they all act "vacant" (as you put it). Do they think it's convincing? Does a person wanting to sink their teeth into your flesh act vacant, drop their head and stare at you with a glare that could a bore Chuck Norris to tears? I doubt it. Add that: The growling and the fact that most zombies just have pale make up thrown on them. Scary? Definetly not. Good acting? Depends on how you want to view good acting in this situation, considering it's zombies and everything, but if you ask me it's not good acting. It's horrible acting.

As for RE dissing GAR, I didn't know about that. I never saw the second one.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    My problem with the RE zombies is that they all act "vacant" (as you put it). Do they think it's convincing? Does a person wanting to sink their teeth into your flesh act vacant, drop their head and stare at you with a glare that could a bore Chuck Norris to tears? I doubt it. Add that: The growling and the fact that most zombies just have pale make up thrown on them. Scary? Definetly not. Good acting? Depends on how you want to view good acting in this situation, considering it's zombies and everything, but if you ask me it's not good acting. It's horrible acting.

As for RE dissing GAR, I didn't know about that. I never saw the second one.

well if you can provide me an actual zombie as a basis for contention then i'll give you the point. the bottom line is at best this is all dorkish conjecture.

to that end given the limited motor skills of the zombies within the film. i'll venture a safe guess and say their neurological systems were also impared either by the mode of their demise or the manner in which they were re-activated. hence the "staring and the drooling".

the zombie with RE1, are played like functional yet slightly motivated catatonics. . given their level of functional retardation it also goes to explain in a small part the reasoning on why you see a lack of feeding.

as for the acting, there is only so much you can do with the role of a zombie before it gets to be too much and you get the black guy from Land of the dead.

as for RE dissing GAR. who cares?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    Umm, that scene WAS in the movie, RE2, did you miss that or something?
    I did see it and it was one of my favorite parts. But I wanted more. And they didn't have the Umbrella mercs fast roping in and fighting zombies like the intro movie did.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    well if you can provide me an actual zombie as a basis for contention then i'll give you the point. the bottom line is at best this is all dorkish conjecture.
    First zombie you ever see was also the worst zombie I ever saw. And then hell followed...

United Kingdom
    I know you're gonna hate me for this, and I'm not saying I love or even like the the RE movie in itself but the first time I saw it it seemed to me that it had this weird, claustrophobic atmosphere to it... One that I liked.

It's all since lost that since I first watched it though.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Capcom dissed GAR not RE, I'm sure Shinji Mikami (creator) would have welcomed GARs script and ideas, he said himself he used Night of the Living Dead as a basis as it's one of his all time favourite films.