Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Look At The NEW 'A-Team' Van!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can one-up your a-team van.

I give you The new A-Team...
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Oct-2009 at 06:18 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

If that's the cast then it's looking pretty good. I just wish there was a better picture of B.A. though. Good find.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England

Nooooo!im sure the kids of today who watch this will think its all new & original & that cast are the A-Team, but to anyone who was born in the late 70's/early 80's there can only be one A-Team and thats Peppard, Mr T, Schultz & Benedict, anything else is just imposters!and as Peppard is dead & the others are too old, they should have just left well alone!

Undisclosed
    Rampage looks depressed. I guess his is still down about his team getting their ass handed to them so far on TUF.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Super Moderator

UK
    *looks back unimpressed*

Super Moderator

United States
    I don't know if Rampage will be able to pull off even a partially acceptable B.A. The guy is a complete moron, regardless of how successful a fighter he may be. I also just don't see the charisma. He is definitely the weak link in the casting of this adaptation.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I don't know if Rampage will be able to pull off even a partially acceptable B.A. The guy is a complete moron, regardless of how successful a fighter he may be. I also just don't see the charisma. He is definitely the weak link in the casting of this adaptation.
    I get the same impression.

Maybe he's amaze us all, but I doubt it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    First official photo. They all look the part to me. Now just to wait for a trailer...

Super Moderator

UK
    Looks alright ... as an A-Team fan, I'll remain a sceptic till I see it, and then well, we'll see.

But not a single piece of gold chain on B.A. when everyone else is essentially in the same type of gear? Hmmm, what's up with that. It doesn't have to be like Mr. T's huge array of gold - which is just impractical - but not a single chain or anything? Weird.

I wonder if they'll shoot people in this one.

Was watching a bit of Taken again last night, and Liam Neeson is a total badass in that movie, so I'm pleased he's in this, same goes for the others ... except the dude playing B.A. who I've never heard of before, so I'm just sceptical about him as a result.

Super Moderator

United States
    Hmm, the pic looks decent and three quarters of that casting is tight. Rampage might even be able to come across as funny if written/directed and shot/edited properly, I imagine.

Aside from a slight wariness of re-makes (slight compared to many here, anyway), the A-team never held my admiration due to anything other than it's cheesiness and 80s kitsch factor. So, for me, this is not akin to burning down mecca and sowing the ashes with pig's knuckles.

So, are these guys going to be Desert Storm vets, now?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Looks like they altered Rampage's real tatoos with photoshop. That is not his real tatoo on his arm. In real life, they are bigger, more of them, and diffrent. Especially, the right arm.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Hmm, the pic looks decent and three quarters of that casting is tight. Rampage might even be able to come across as funny if written/directed and shot/edited properly, I imagine.

Aside from a slight wariness of re-makes (slight compared to many here, anyway), the A-team never held my admiration due to anything other than it's cheesiness and 80s kitsch factor. So, for me, this is not akin to burning down mecca and sowing the ashes with pig's knuckles.

So, are these guys going to be Desert Storm vets, now?
    Indeed. And aye, I think they're going to be Gulf War veterans ... perhaps even Gulf War 2 veterans, can't exactly remember ... Neeson's character would surely be a Gulf War veteran, and the others I'd easily imagine as being Gulf War 2.

Let's hope they keep any politics out of it, and just leave it as is. The original A-Team did well at dangle the Vietnam thing there, but they never got political with it, and only occasionally 'went back there' in terms of stories (e.g. helping out an old army buddy or whatever).

As long as they're respectful of the source material, and don't take the piss, then that's good ... as well as making sure Rampage is properly directed. I've no qualms about the other dudes, but there's something about Rampage that doesn't sit well with me. Here's hoping he's used in the right way in both production and post-production.

United States

hmmm.

Interesting cast, but not really feeling BA. Since Liam is old, go for badass Kimbo Slice instead. Face was pretty well cast, but not sre about Murdock. It'd be nice if they'd stay close to the old story somewhat, and not take them into some new whatever.
    I had Mr T combat boots when I was a kid. This might tank like Dukes of Hazzard, and then there's no stopping them. What's next, a Facts of Life movie?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    First official photo. They all look the part to me. Now just to wait for a trailer...
    GAH! -oh god, i thought this was kanye west as B.A for a second.

that would have actually killed the internet.