Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Daredevil' Reboot AND 'Ghost Rider 2' In The Works

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs down 'Daredevil' Reboot AND 'Ghost Rider 2' In The Works

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I liked the first Ghost Rider. It was probably the best comic-based film ever!

I avoided Daredevil....

United States
    after the circus that the batman films became, the idea of a reboot in that series was acceptable and welcomed.

...but this shit with marvel re-launching reboots of shitty franchises that no one gives a flying fuck about (fantastic four, daredevil, hulk) is too much...and comic book movies are done to death lately anyway, so double-fuck 'em.

here's hoping that both reboots (of ff and dd) both flop and lose marvel all kinds of money, then maybe they'll stop doing these reboots and trying to force their crap franchises down our throats every five years.

United States
    Even though it wasn't very faithful to the Elektra & Bullseye characters I liked DareDevil better than I thought I would. I don't see it as NEEDING a reboot, unlike the FF & the Hulk. Ghost Rider 2? I'm down for that. Hope ol Zarathos gets more face time this time around than his Johnny Blaze alter ego...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    after the circus that the batman films became, the idea of a reboot in that series was acceptable and welcomed.

...but this shit with marvel re-launching reboots of shitty franchises that no one gives a flying fuck about (fantastic four, daredevil, hulk) is too much...and comic book movies are done to death lately anyway, so double-fuck 'em.

here's hoping that both reboots (of ff and dd) both flop and lose marvel all kinds of money, then maybe they'll stop doing these reboots and trying to force their crap franchises down our throats every five years.
    Marvel isn't rebooting them, FOX movie studios are rebooting them, so they can retain the movie license of said properties. Hopefully, Disney can buy out the contract with FOX, so the rights revert back to Marvel.

United States
    well i stand corrected, then. either way, you think the studios would realize that the majority of the public doesn't give a shit about daredevil or fantastic four, so why waste the money?

seriously, the only comic book movies that are gonna rake in the serious $$$ (which is all the studios give a shit about anyway) are spidey, batman, and superman. do we really need a thor movie? captain america? wtf? and i know everyone says you can just ignore them, but it's kinda hard when they keep pumping this shit out every single year.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I agree. that is overkill.

If they must, Instead of making the all seperate features they should just make one Avengers movie.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    If they must, Instead of making the all seperate features they should just make one Avengers movie.
    They're working towards that. That's why Nick Fury is in the Iron Man movies and Tony Stark was in The Incredible Hulk.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    They're working towards that. That's why Nick Fury is in the Iron Man movies and Tony Stark was in The Incredible Hulk.

So there's a method to their mediocrity!?!

Whooda thunk it!!

United States
    If Fox is smart they will reboot these franchises with young actors and sign them to a three picture contract. That way IF the movies do well it's easier to bring them back for sequels cheap.

Alba and Chiklis probably wanted too much to do another FF4 movie.
    Last edited by Eyebiter; 26-Sep-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i liked dareveil, y'all can bite me.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i liked dareveil, y'all can bite me.
    To be honest, so did I.

Haven't seen it in ages, and it was nowhere near Spider-Man quality, but I still liked it.

Colin Farrell was awesome.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Can do without daredevil. Ghost Rider 2???? WHY? Did anyone see Eva Mendez's acting. MY GOD, it was a travesty. Her boobs were only thing believeable.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    These films are needed about as much as a Supergirl 2.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    These films are needed about as much as a Supergirl 2.

Supergirl was directed by three people?!