Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indoctrinating children

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Stalin is better than both Jesus and Obama combined. So there you go.

United States
    Two Points:

1- Jesus was used to be controversional. Thats why they chose
    him and not Justin Timberlake. And even if you insult one
    persons faith in order to parody someone, its tasteless.
    If they wanted parody they could have put his head on
    Oprah or Mr.T or any other celebrity, not Jesus.
    And yes Passion was nothing but a film for sadists who
    enjoy watching someone get beat over and over and over.
    That film was equally disgusting as those kids singing.
    And I dont want anything banned, I just don't wanna see it.
    But somehow I dont picture you watching that video of the
    kids and singing along with it , does that mean you want all
    vids of kid singing banned, of course not.

2- Stalin may have been better than Obama and Jesus but
    he did not sing as well as John Lennon. And Stalin didn't have
    a Japanese wife either.

Now we will lighten this up with some dancing:

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Stalin is better than both Jesus and Obama combined. So there you go.
    Apart from murdering more people than the Nazi's in the gulags,but hey...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Apart from murdering more people than the Nazi's in the gulags,but hey...
    Pff. You're making stuff up, that never happened. Not Stalin.

Oh, and it's a myth that Stalin did not have a japanese wife. He sent Zhukov into Manchuria to meet the japanese in battle, but the Red Army was much too powerful for the imperialist weaklings and Zhukov brought back many gifts to our glorious Soviet Union, including at least one japanese wife for every man (and ten for Stalin).
    Last edited by EvilNed; 26-Sep-2009 at 04:56 PM.

United States
    Maybe he did have 10 wives.

But none of his broke up the Beatles.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    Two Points:

1- Jesus was used to be controversional.
    No, this particular genre was chosen to poke fun at the Obama fanatics who portrayed him as some kind of "savior" during the campaign. Based on the video that THX posted, I'd say some of them still do.

And yes Passion was nothing but a film for sadists who enjoy watching someone get beat over and over and over.
    The scourging scenes were both historically and Biblically accurate. I don't believe that the masses of Xtians who viewed the film got into it because they're sadistic -- that would've been me, sitting there amongst them munching on popcorn and sipping Pepsi through a straw.

My dislike for the "Passion" is in the total lack of any sort of supernatural response from "Christ" during his arrest. I was hoping Gibson would get this part right. If he had, I would've taken the film as a serious attempt at portraying Christ's last hours. He didn't, so the whole film fell flat on its face and I had no problem hitting the snack bar (I was tempted to start cracking one-liners but my wife would've killed me)

You think Jesus was offended by my behavior? Na, He's still scouring the scriptures looking for the passage where He instructed His followers to build amusement parks and water slides.

But somehow I dont picture you watching that video of the kids and singing along with it
    You're wrong about that. I've already downloaded the song to my iPod so I can take it with me when I go to the track to jog a few laps. Not only do I sing along, I also stop occasionally to dance a little sailor's jig and wave my arms around in the air.

Now we will lighten this up with some dancing:
    What? Crash Test Dummies wasn't light enough for you? Okay, then ... dancing it is.

-stray-
    Last edited by strayrider; 27-Sep-2009 at 07:18 AM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    No, this particular genre was chosen to poke fun at the Obama fanatics who portrayed him as some kind of "savior" during the campaign. Based on the video that THX posted, I'd say some of them still do.
    Ironically, the choice of video also demonstrates Obama's ability to talk his detractors silly just as Jesus is often described of doing.

Despite the tidy Hollywood-isms of Jesus scrawling dates in the sand significant to the stone-throwers, it is widely taught in Catholicism that Jesus' primary tactic was to remain quiet while the righteous mob burned itself out. Obama has shown this to be a much more effective strategy against a weasly little douchebag like Ahmadinejad as opposed to the playground posturing of Bush. He send Iran a holiday greeting and they quickly dig themselves into a deep hole of rhetoric. Priceless.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Pff. You're making stuff up, that never happened. Not Stalin.

Oh, and it's a myth that Stalin did not have a japanese wife. He sent Zhukov into Manchuria to meet the japanese in battle, but the Red Army was much too powerful for the imperialist weaklings and Zhukov brought back many gifts to our glorious Soviet Union, including at least one japanese wife for every man (and ten for Stalin).

now that's soviet style revisionist history!

btw, i thought stalin got 12 wives out of the deal...

on another note: i'm going to have to go back and read this entire thread. i really want to find out how this went from a vid about obama to talking about jesus' preaching style and stalin's many japanese wives.

You think Jesus was offended by my behavior? Na, He's still scouring the scriptures looking for the passage where He instructed His followers to build amusement parks and water slides.
    the gospel according to barnum (it's a bit apocryphal) 21:12: "verily ye shall buildeth rollercoasters and giant zoom flumes of water in my name and the faithful shall come and eateth of cotton candy and corn dogs."
    Last edited by Mike70; 27-Sep-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Ironically, the choice of video also demonstrates Obama's ability to talk his detractors silly just as Jesus is often described of doing.

Despite the tidy Hollywood-isms of Jesus scrawling dates in the sand significant to the stone-throwers, it is widely taught in Catholicism that Jesus' primary tactic was to remain quiet while the righteous mob burned itself out. Obama has shown this to be a much more effective strategy against a weasly little douchebag like Ahmadinejad as opposed to the playground posturing of Bush. He send Iran a holiday greeting and they quickly dig themselves into a deep hole of rhetoric. Priceless.

Well said.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Though Jesus could talk his enemies silly (thus their hatred for him), Barry simply talks silly. And his followers write silly songs about him and force children to sing about his greatness. SOETORO!

Despite the tidy Hollywood-isms of Jesus scrawling dates in the sand significant to the stone-throwers, it is widely taught in Catholicism that Jesus' primary tactic was to remain quiet while the righteous mob burned itself out.
    Hollywood aside, scripture does not expound on what exactly J was writing in the dust. Many scholars believe He was listing the various misdeeds of the men who were accusing the woman of adultery (How did they know? Were they former lovers? Window peepers?)

Though Jesus didn't speak, he was far from "silent" and the "righteous" mob did not "burn themselves out", they slunk away in fear of their hypocrisy being exposed to the public.

Obama has shown this to be a much more effective strategy against a weasly little douchebag like Ahmadinejad as opposed to the playground posturing of Bush. He send Iran a holiday greeting and they quickly dig themselves into a deep hole of rhetoric. Priceless.
    I agree with you on this, Doobie. A large percent of young people in Iran dislike Mr Ahmadinejad and want peace with the West. We must NOT alienate them: http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/p...tive_rele.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    the gospel according to barnum (it's a bit apocryphal) 21:12: "verily ye shall buildeth rollercoasters and giant zoom flumes of water in my name and the faithful shall come and eateth of cotton candy and corn dogs."
    "And there was great rejoicing. When the junk food caused them sickness in their bowels, they cried out, rending their Dockers and their Osh Kosh B'Gosh!: "Pepto! Our bowels are sick and we are suffering!"" Barnum 21:13-14, New Yankee Translation (NYT).

Back to the topic at hand: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...esident-obama/

Perhaps the now retired teacher behind this crap should have her retirement pension suspended.

-stray-

Are they singing in Swahili? Can anyone translate this?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Perhaps the now retired teacher behind this crap should have her retirement pension suspended.
    children ought to be taught that singing praises to any person, politician or otherwise, is digusting, servile, and completely inappropriate in a free society. period.
    Last edited by Mike70; 28-Sep-2009 at 02:39 PM.

United States
    ..Right because kids don't sing Yankee doodle dandee for schools, which praises George Washington.

Christ the right gets its tits twisted over anything these days. The slowly shrinking ever louder shouting right that is.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    ..Right because kids don't sing Yankee doodle dandee for schools, which praises George Washington.
    to be an advocatus diaboli for a minute: there is a difference. george washington has been dead since 1799. he isn't the president now, he cannot effect anything politically and cannot create a cult of personality around himself.

you can find songs praising dead national heroes in just about any country you look at. that is the key difference - dead heroes not living politicians.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Amen, Mike. Oh, now you've got me in the mood to listening to Living Colour.

capncnut
    Why don't we unite as one and praise Obama for doing a great job thus far and ensure that his presidency is...

...sorry, wrong meeting.