Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Original DAWN had running Zombies

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Now I am going to have to watch NOTLD again. This is the original correct? Or is it the remake? I am curious I have to say.
    The original, yes.

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I don't disagree with the above statement, but none of us really know the reason other than the film crew so for us to even speculate or think we know then we are just blowing smoke out our asses.
    Well, the director of DAWN04 was overheard instructing the zombie extras to behave specifically like the infected from 28 DAYS LATER by an associate of mine. And as much as I'd like to give the pioneering film crew behind the remake the benefit of the doubt - that'd just be blowing smoke out of my ass. The production ran simply too close to 28 DAYS' successful theatrical run to be mere coincidence. I mean, does the DAWN04 script mention 'running zombies'?

Once again, let's not kid ourselves.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    Well, the director of DAWN04 was overheard instructing the zombie extras to behave specifically like the infected from 28 DAYS LATER by an associate of mine. And as much as I'd like to give the pioneering film crew behind the remake the benefit of the doubt - that'd just be blowing smoke out of my ass. The production ran simply too close to 28 DAYS' successful theatrical run to be mere coincidence. I mean, does the DAWN04 script mention 'running zombies'?

Once again, let's not kid ourselves.
    I overheard Hack Snyder saying, "Hey, I'm going to royaly f*ck up a good thing!"

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Two untrained (and probably unpaid) child actors, who in all likelyhood had ZERO idea of what a GAR zombie actually is, then proceed to "run" a distance of what ... one metre? Big deal!

They were also found in the only building containing candy ... does this mean that they were also "evolving" and/or "thinking/remembering"?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    Two untrained (and probably unpaid) child actors, who in all likelyhood had ZERO idea of what a GAR zombie actually is, then proceed to "run" a distance of what ... one metre? Big deal!

They were also found in the only building containing candy ... does this mean that they were also "evolving" and/or "thinking/remembering"?
    speaking of that candy, I wonder why Peter and the gang didn't smash that machine and grab some

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    speaking of that candy, I wonder why Peter and the gang didn't smash that machine and grab some
    Dude, that Lazy Town chick is giving me flashbacks!!!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Dude, that Lazy Town chick is giving me flashbacks!!!!
    good ones I hope

and yeah, watching night of the living dead, that cemetary zombie hauls ass compaired to your normal GAR zombie, check it out when he's grabing the brick to smash the window, man that whole scene is pretty fast paced

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    and yeah, watching night of the living dead, that cemetary zombie hauls ass compaired to your normal GAR zombie, check it out when he's grabing the brick to smash the window, man that whole scene is pretty fast paced
    Hell yes!!! AND, it's a zombie using a tool - so, that blows the whole "zombies are dumb f*cks" RIGHT out of the water!

damn......she's making me see colors that I never knew existed!!!! Damned the cutie! Damn her!!!!!

*swallows a gallon of pure Adrenochrome.........slobbers........rolls on the floor.......oh my!!
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 25-May-2006 at 04:16 AM.

Undisclosed
    remember what dr. millard rousche said in dawn : even animals adopt tools in that basic a fashion...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ipotts85
    remember what dr. millard rousche said in dawn : even animals adopt tools in that basic a fashion...
    Yes. A PERFECT example. Right on, man!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe

My sentiments exactly. These were obviously children with no knowledge of what a Romero zombie is supposed to move/act like. This, and any other instance of a running zombie in any GAR film is still totally different than the Dawn04 remake. These werent minutes dead bodies running around, nor were they running like they were dead. They ran like they should be on the olympic track team. Zombies running a 4.2 40 yard dash aren't scary in the least. They are laughable at best, and just don't fit the movies. They were good in 28 days later...but they werent dead, nor technically zombies either. The fact is, a zombie could sort of run at a medium pace, stumbling here and there...but only for a short time. Rigormortis would make it impossible for the body to move.

Paranoia Agent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A break from reality! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Paranoia nurtures him!

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    To defend GAR's dead think about the fact that most of dead the are just beginning to return and "riga" has'nt set in yet. As far as the kids, they were just acting that way and it was great for the movie because Peter was completely shocked at what was happening.

United States
    idk bout running zombies. makes zombies seem scarier to me, i mean, if the world was over run by the undead, would you want them outrunning you all the time, or picking off the f**kers from a distance.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Maybe George couldn't afford to buy a new candy machine.

When you're under tight budget constraints, little things like that can be overlooked in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by livingdead7
    My sentiments exactly. These were obviously children with no knowledge of what a Romero zombie is supposed to move/act like. This, and any other instance of a running zombie in any GAR film is still totally different than the Dawn04 remake. These werent minutes dead bodies running around, nor were they running like they were dead. They ran like they should be on the olympic track team. Zombies running a 4.2 40 yard dash aren't scary in the least. They are laughable at best, and just don't fit the movies. They were good in 28 days later...but they werent dead, nor technically zombies either. The fact is, a zombie could sort of run at a medium pace, stumbling here and there...but only for a short time. Rigormortis would make it impossible for the body to move.

Ok, then put yourself in this situation. A zombie apocalypse has happened and you are on the run from a DAWN 04 zombie. Would you stop to laugh because they run? Would you think they were laughable when they are two steps behind you waiting to take a bite out of your ass? Everyone who complains about DAWN 04 zombies only thinks about it from a movie logic point of view when movies are supposed to offer you an alternate reality. So I doubt they would be very laughable if it was real. Would you be laughing?

I don't think so.

As for the untrained kids/actors. Sorry, but that why there is a director and he is in control of the show. Using that logic doesn't work. I had some kids on my set for Deadlands and if they take was blown, or not how I conceived it, ya know what i did... I shot another take. Working with kids isn't easy, but they are people too and can be given direction.

So, now I have concluded he wanted them to run.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 25-May-2006 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    My take on that is they're kids, and kids don't take direction that well.