Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blair Witch sequel

capncnut

Blair Witch sequel

Looks like an official Blair Witch sequel could be on it's way for the new year. And yes, a direct sequel to the original movie. Not 100% concrete yet but it's the closest it's ever been.

Click for article.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Honestly, I just couldn't care less. The most exciting thing about the first movie was the marketing campaign.

Undisclosed
    It would be cool to actually see the witch this time.
    'Looks like God left the phone off the hook, huh baby?'

capncnut
    I'm not a huge fan of the series but I think it would be cool to see a follow up to the original story. Thing is, I think the moment might have passed already.

United States
    didnt they get royally screwed by the
    distributors on the first movie?

and there was a BW2 already and it was lame.

Hey if they wanna make it and think they have
    a good story why not.

Im sure they will not have the shaky camera thing.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    It would be cool to actually see the witch this time.
    I Beleive if you can get hold of the very rare "sundance" version of the original film, you do see the witch.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I loved blair witch but i understand why a lot of people hated it.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I Beleive if you can get hold of the very rare "sundance" version of the original film, you do see the witch.
    I'd think that footage would be pretty easy to find on the internet. Anybody?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I'd think that footage would be pretty easy to find on the internet. Anybody?
    I Dont think it was ever originally released, but i know the director said that it was shot and the witch was actually shown at the sundance film festival version of the blair witch project, basically as a extra scene after the campers are woken in the middle of the night and hear children and then they all run from their tent, in this version one of them points their camera backwards while their running and you see the witch moving after them, but this was removed from all production versions of the movie.

Ive never seen it and i have searched for it, if anyone else can find it i would be most impressed.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thought it was better that we didn't see the witch. Not knowing made it more frightening, imo.

Kinda like Jaws. The scariest moments in that film are the first attacks where we don't even see the shark...

Administrator

England
    Yeah i think thats why it was removed, it would still be pretty interesting to see.

Its also why you see the entire scene from only 1 camera, the other one has been removed until the next scene.

Undisclosed
    Fascinating! what did the witch look like?
    'Looks like God left the phone off the hook, huh baby?'

United States
    Hurm. I'd be down with that. Dug the first one hard (was lucky to walk into it cold, so it really worked for me). Did not hate the second one even (I'd read the book, comic, etc so I was pretty "into" the whole BW mythos by that time). So bring it on. I'd be curious to see if they could capture lighting in a bottle twice.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    All this talk makes me kinda interesting. Both in a sequel and in seeing the first one once again.

Also, I don't think a quick, blurry shot of the witch would've hurt the film at all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I Dont think it was ever originally released, but i know the director said that it was shot and the witch was actually shown at the sundance film festival version of the blair witch project, basically as a extra scene after the campers are woken in the middle of the night and hear children and then they all run from their tent, in this version one of them points their camera backwards while their running and you see the witch moving after them, but this was removed from all production versions of the movie.

Ive never seen it and i have searched for it, if anyone else can find it i would be most impressed.
    it was never actually added into any cut but one of the directors, who were following the during the week of the shoot, ran along side them in a sheet and crap making weird gestures in the woods, they never aim the camera at "her" but when heather goes "what the fuck is that, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!?" thats what she is on about.

I love the original, its one of my favorite flicks of all time, and one of the few horror flicks that still creep me out, that said it should be left alone, the moment you reveal the monster its never as scary as what the audience thinks up themselves so they should just leave it be.