Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still want that PS3?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    I thought that sounded familiar with the Smash Bros comment.

Damn, you've got Vista already? Fudge that I say, their new OS' are always bugged to f*ck when they're first released. XP is still the daddy says I, yarrr! And like I said, I had a blast playing multiplayer Xbox, the PS controller just hurts my hands and thumbs.
    it hasn't been released yet i registered as a beta tester ages ago so i got vista beta 2

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUNT
    Whoa. While they are at it they should make every game that comes out 150$ so that way we can pay more for games too

Neo Geo did that back in the day. In fact their console alone was around $600 + and look what happened to them. I keep having SNK flashbacks with this PS3.

Btw, nice avatar. Wished I was in the middle of that.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    cuz you wont be able to buy used games for it

*giggle like a school girl*

hey Sony!

This reads like geek fodder, but let's all wait untill the official press release from Sony.

I don't wanna go all Fafapfapfap over the P$3's grave right yet.

if they're going with this policy it raises alot of questions about Sony actually offering games on download for the PSP (a prime reason i bought one).

i say we wait and see. the legality of this just doesn't seem like it'll work in the real world.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13
    Neo Geo did that back in the day. In fact their console alone was around $600 + and look what happened to them. I keep having SNK flashbacks with this PS3.

Btw, nice avatar. Wished I was in the middle of that.
    well the NeoGeo did have games put out for it for over 10 years

I bought a few of them too

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    It's premature to say that this is what Sony has planned for PS3 titles, but there is some weird perverse logic to the rumor if it becomes truth in some form. Sony has been in a major piracy crackdown in terms of their media products like DVD, CD (remember their rootkit DRM hoopla from last year), and games. Sony knows that secondary sales (used games) of Playstation titles ultimately cuts into their profit margins. Sony's still in the middle of a company restructuring of both its business and financial practice to get out of 4-5 years of red ink. It's only been in the past financial quarter that Sony has made a profit.

While I can't truly see Sony going the way the rumor says they will, I can see Sony setting up a system where each PS3 game will have a product or keycode that is particular to that unit. One way this could work would be gamer buys Warhawk. Gamer opens case and finds Blu-Ray disc of said game and at the same time a small card with an activation code. Gamer puts disc in PS3 which boots up a screen for gamer to input activation code. Activation code gets imprinted onto the PS3's 20-60GB HDD and if player is hooked on-line, said info is sent over to Sony for safekeeping. This would keep the game to only be played on that particular PS3 and at the same time a way to keep piracy down until said pirates find a way around it.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman