Thread: is it me or has Fango lost it now?

capncnut

is it me or has Fango lost it now?

Picked up the latest issue yesterday and just got around to reading it...

...pish, mate.

A fiver for the flimsiest magazine I've ever read. A FIVER! It's been a while since I got one and I wish I didn't. No offence to the team 'cos I'm sure they work hard but I literally done most of it cover to cover in 30 mins and didn't dig a single article.

I think I'll stick to my classic issues from now on and remember the good ol' days.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I never read it much. could be the fact that there are so few decent horror movies around nowadays to write about.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by octo7 View Post
    I never read it much. could be the fact that there are so few decent horror movies around nowadays to write about.
    I partly agree. I don't think there are few horror movies produced, I just always found that Fangoria didn't bother with the more obscure ones and would rather go after bigger sci-fi films than smaller horror films. I like sci-fi and all, but heck. There are small fanzines which get published today that have better horror articles in them than Fangoria does.

Undisclosed
    Can you recommend some fanzines? I'm kinda over Fangoria.
    'Looks like God left the phone off the hook, huh baby?'

Undisclosed
    Rue Morgue is a good Fango alternative.
    I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful and rich an expression of life as growth~
    Henry Miller

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Can you recommend some fanzines? I'm kinda over Fangoria.
    Only Swedish ones.

Undisclosed
    I think the internet ruins fanzines. In my days of discovering horror movies, magazines like Fango and Deep Red - these were the only way to get the digs on horror movies - whether they were new, old or coming out on VHS only...it was the best way to get the cool news.

Now, like most printed news, internet has made it easy to get the scoop before something goes to print. I don't think it's Fango's fault - I think it's just sign of the times. Their site is pretty good - but I only buy the magazine now if I have interest in something specific that is going to be in the issue and I want to save it.
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dude, i havent bought fangoria in over 2 years, around the time i bought an issue and slither was the only horror flick in it and that rest was, insert rolleyes, anime and sci-fi, if i want anime i read neo, if i want sci-fi i'll read on i09, fangoria stopped being good a long time ago mate.

England
    I've never bought it, but I do buy other magazines & ive noticed the prices keep going up through the roof while the magazines are getting thinner & thinner! I think the internet is to blame seen as you can find most of the content on there, PC gamer is certainly a shadow of its former self now, and even buying it for the demo disc is fairly pointless now seen as all the demos & updates can be downloaded from steam or the games companies websites! Personally I prefer to buy a magazine & sit reading it, rather than getting headaches staring at monitors all the time