Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Crazies remake

United States
    picked up the dvd today. haven't watched it yet, but after skipping a few chapters in and watching a couple scenes, then looking at the included bonus features, it looks like there's no "deleted scenes" or "director's cut"-type shit going on with this release.

a bit disappointed in that, was hoping for a bit more given what was hinted at in the trailers prior to release....for instance, there's a scene in the 2nd theatrical trailer where the sheriff is talking with 2 young girls about sounds they heard coming from the funeral home. this didn't make the theaters and isn't on the dvd, either.

kinda similar to what happens with all movies these days, the trailers hype shit up, then fail to deliver. a recent example is this is below.

trailer image:

actual scene from film:

here's hoping that they don't turn around and release another dvd in a year or so (around the time they make the inevitable "the crazies 2", i'm guessing) and try to get more $$ from those of us who enjoyed this movie.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's actually quite common for trailers to feature deleted scenes or alternate takes. Things change throughout the production and sometimes they film scenes for the trailer only. I believe Rodriguez has done it with several of his films in the past. Hell....he's now made an entire movie out of a fake trailer.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    its because Johnny Cash makes anything better. flash fact.
    This be a true fact.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    I saw this the other day. It is raviolis. I was so bored with it I kept getting out of my seat and doing other things during the many down times. Suicide crossed my mind several times during this flick as well.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
    I saw this the other day. It is raviolis. I was so bored with it I kept getting out of my seat and doing other things during the many down times. Suicide crossed my mind several times during this flick as well.
    Dude but then you wouldn't be around for TWD and your soul would wander aimlessly knowing it missed something great.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Dude but then you wouldn't be around for TWD and your soul would wander aimlessly knowing it missed something great.

Dude is off his rocker... The Crazies remake runs circles all over Romero's original.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    i'm actually watching the remake as i type this, and i still enjoy it...shame they didn't have a proper release with missing footage. no class tomorrow, think i'm gonna watch the original after this is over.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Dude is off his rocker... The Crazies remake runs circles all over Romero's original.
    I wouldn't agree that it's better than the original. I'd say that the original and remake both do things better and worse than their counterpart.

I really enjoyed the remake in the end though. It took me a long time to come around to it, in terms of first hearing about it, then bits of news, images and then trailers ... but I ended up really enjoying it, and the Blu-Ray is on my "to get" list. When I saw it in the cinema I came back home and watched the original, and I dig both flicks for different reasons and I think they compliment each other ultimately.

Aye, I was hoping for an extended version, but evidently that was never going to be the case.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i'm actually watching the remake as i type this, and i still enjoy it...shame they didn't have a proper release with missing footage. no class tomorrow, think i'm gonna watch the original after this is over.
    That's like playing left 4 dead 1 after experiencing
    L4D 2.

You can feel the downgrade.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    idk, darth. i agree with mz on this that both the original and the remake are very good films in their own rights. in fact, i may actually prefer the original by a slim margin over the remake. but the remake is a very entertaining film...i just wish they'd had a bit more of the feeling of the original.....NEEDS MOAR FLAMETHROWERZ.

in fact, i'd watch the original over any of romero's new dead films any day of the week. that's not really saying much, though.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 10-Sep-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    idk, darth. i agree with mz on this that both the original and the remake are very good films in their own rights. in fact, i may actually prefer the original by a slim margin over the remake. but the remake is a very entertaining film...i just wish they'd had a bit more of the feeling of the original.....NEEDS MOAR FLAMETHROWERZ.

in fact, i'd watch the original over any of romero's new dead films any day of the week. that's not really saying much, though.
    Just meant in terms of effects and acting, but as with pretty much any film that old that's pretty much a given, imo.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well...any ROMERO film.

If often heard people say that the acting in Dawn is bad because it's an older film. Please....Romero just sucks at casting. Alien was released a year after Dawn...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Well...any ROMERO film.

If often heard people say that the acting in Dawn is bad because it's an older film. Please....Romero just sucks at casting. Alien was released a year after Dawn...
    He normally says that because of the budget constraints he was under he just hires the best actors he knew.

Now That's true horror my friends !

Ireland
    Yep, agree with DJ. The remake is a pretty solid film and blows the original out of the water.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 11-Sep-2010 at 01:45 AM.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    The recent activity in this thread finally prompted me to watch the film and it was pretty good. I felt a few more things could have been added to the mix to make a far better ride, but overall I liked the movie, I think it just needed a bit more paranoia & uncertainty on who is and isn't going crazy from the 'virus'.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany