Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 175

Thread: The Crazies remake

  1. #16
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,425
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Why do shitty trailers always have to have those shitty BANG noises like a shotgun blast before cutting to black. Lame, shit, unoriginal.

    And they are wheeling out Mad World again, eh? Lame, shit, unoriginal.
    Yarp.

  2. #17
    Walking Dead DubiousComforts's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,969
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    the trailer is very standard. There's standard beats they hit throughout,

    Also, I couldn't help but groan when the music kicked in

    I want armies of chem-suited, gas-masked troops sporting guns - that's the defining image from the original,
    Thanks, this saves me the trouble of having to type exactly what I thought of that trailer.

  3. #18
    Just Married AcesandEights's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    7,478
    United States
    Fuck it. If i have viewing companionship, I'll give it a look. Trailer didn't seem too bad.

    "Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

  4. #19
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,425
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Thanks, this saves me the trouble of having to type exactly what I thought of that trailer.
    Glad to be of service.

  5. #20
    Chasing Prey
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,705
    Undisclosed
    The Crazies wasn't a fucking zombie movie.

    Now it is.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

    Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

  6. #21
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,425
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    The Crazies wasn't a fucking zombie movie.

    Now it is.
    Yarp.

  7. #22
    Chasing Prey
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,705
    Undisclosed
    very annoying.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

    Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

  8. #23
    HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,655
    Scotland
    Cliche trailer (the only things that are missing are the lines "in a world" and "one man"). The movie looks okay. A bit meh. Sort of looks like Romero crossed with M. Night Shamylan.

  9. #24
    crackin' eggs of wisdom bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    14,199
    United States
    One thing to remember is that trailers are usually created by a company outside of the production. This is usually why you get trailers for different movies that are very similar.

    You can't judge a film by it's trailer. It's not really fair. Yes, they should have a trailer that accurately represents the film, but that's not always the case. Look at the Land trailer. Whether you liked that film or not, it's trailer was very generic and promised things the movie couldn't deliver...

  10. #25
    Walking Dead DubiousComforts's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,969
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    You can't judge a film by it's trailer.
    In the age of entertainment overkill, it's entirely fair to assume that a remake or reboot will lack even the most basic attributes that made the original work noteworthy. The track record of such films speaks for itself.

    Romero's Crazies draws its scares from the military quarantine of a small town, as well as the possibility of losing one's sanity; it was never about infected zombie-monsters running amok. The only interesting shot in the trailer to this end is the fingers poking out of the rail car, although it makes little sense to transport possibly infected people outside of a containment area.

  11. #26
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,425
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    In the age of entertainment overkill, it's entirely fair to assume that a remake or reboot will lack even the most basic attributes that made the original work noteworthy. The track record of such films speaks for itself.

    Romero's Crazies draws its scares from the military quarantine of a small town, as well as the possibility of losing one's sanity; it was never about infected zombie-monsters running amok. The only interesting shot in the trailer to this end is the fingers poking out of the rail car, although it makes little sense to transport possibly infected people outside of a containment area.
    Plus, many of these remakes are taking films completely out of their native context and try to force them into our current day context (as well as modern day movie context), and it just doesn't work.

    Bassman - fair enough, but still - all those cliche shots and moments and scenes actually exist in the film, so it's not a particularly far stretch to think that very easily this remake could suck a bucket of poo-stained chuddies.

  12. #27
    capncnut
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    this remake could suck a bucket of poo-stained chuddies
    ROFL.

    I'd love to know who your English teacher was in school.

  13. #28
    crackin' eggs of wisdom bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    14,199
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Bassman - fair enough, but still - all those cliche shots and moments and scenes actually exist in the film, so it's not a particularly far stretch to think that very easily this remake could suck a bucket of poo-stained chuddies.
    Yeah...all I'm saying is give it a chance. You're right that it will more than likely suck, but you never know. I guess I just tend to be a bit more optimistic than most. You know....and actually SEE the film before I rag on it.

  14. #29
    Chasing Prey
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,705
    Undisclosed
    I'm more up for ragging on it now, and getting in a few weeks/months of good SLATING of this shite...and running the risk of having to eat my words...

    than keeping quiet about it and missing out on a whole bunch of WTFs that are blatantly due!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

    Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

  15. #30
    Just Married AcesandEights's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    7,478
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Plus, many of these remakes are taking films completely out of their native context and try to force them into our current day context (as well as modern day movie context), and it just doesn't work.
    So true. Take the Red Dawn remake as an example. China may own a shit ton of US interests and we will be more and more at odds with them as time goes on, but I'm not too worried of a Chinese invasion of the U.S. Maybe another cold war with Red China and my kids getting turned phosphorescent from a cold war turned hot, but not an imminent Chinese invasion.

    Anyway, I'm still less liable to give remakes as hard a time as many of you, though. Different types of entertainment serving different emotional and intellectual needs, and all that.

    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

    I'd love to know who your English teacher was in school.
    Old Ms. Gashington, perhaps?

    "Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •