Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crazies remake

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I'm more up for ragging on it now, and getting in a few weeks/months of good SLATING of this shite...and running the risk of having to eat my words...
    We all run that risk but the chances are we're right about this one. At best it will be like Yawn 04, and that was a steaming pile of cackeroonie.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    At best it will be like Yawn 04, and that was a steaming pile of cackeroonie.
    I take it that 'cackeroonie' doesn't mean 'goodness' in the manner you're using?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I take it that 'cackeroonie' doesn't mean 'goodness' in the manner you're using?
    Here you go, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by List of British words not widely used in the United States

Cack:

(slang) faeces (feces); nonsense or rubbish: "what a load of cack" could equally be used to describe someone talking nonsense or as a criticism of something of poor quality.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We all run that risk but the chances are we're right about this one. At best it will be like Yawn 04, and that was a steaming pile of cackeroonie.

Is that to say that at worst it will be like LAnd?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    I'm more up for ragging on it now, and getting in a few weeks/months of good SLATING of this shite...and running the risk of having to eat my words...

than keeping quiet about it and missing out on a whole bunch of WTFs that are blatantly due!
    ahh, hating something to save face on the internet i see.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    I see it too...all the time.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    hahahaha

You got me.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Wow, you guys are getting pretty harsh on the movie pretty early. . . but I guess that is our way here. I however, will give the movie a solid chance. Looks good to me so far. I expecially like the little bit they showed where everyone is tied down to hospital gurnies and the crazy starts going at the tied down people with a pitchfork. Creepy that.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hahahaha

You got me.
    dude there are well documented cases of me really digging something on here and hating or or vice versa, different strokes dude. different strokes.

Super Moderator

UK
    ROFL.

I'd love to know who your English teacher was in school.
    Old Ms. Gashington, perhaps?
    I had a few in school, one of which commended my leadership skills, another who really enjoyed my "Critters 5" short story in Year 8 (I also did a Critters 6 ) ... otherwise, their teacherly ways could never contain my way with words!

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    You know....and actually SEE the film before I rag on it.
    Well same here - however - they've put a trailer out for public consumption, they're trying to get people interested, but equally it can turn people off, such as I - it's out there for consumption and people can have an opinion on it.

Plus, you talk about what you think it might end up being like - say if you were placing a bet. Hence "I bet it'll chow down on a buffet-table full of pee-stained winkies with a side order of butt nuggets".

What I'm saying is, even though the trailer company puts it together, those "standard" shots exist in the movie in the first place, and indeed, isn't it the filmmakers/producers/studio who decide which batch of clips get sent to the trailer folk?

than keeping quiet about it and missing out on a whole bunch of WTFs that are blatantly due!
    *high five*

You call that a best case scenario?

United States
    i have a confession to make: i've never seen "the crazies"...for shame, i know. really digging what i see in the trailer, though, so i imagine i'm gonna head out and pick up a copy on dvd this weekend before the remake comes along and gives it the "ghey of the dead" treatment.

...as for that new trailer, looks pretty cookie-cutter, very uninspired...could be entertaining in a dawn 04 way, but nothing groundbreaking, maybe worth seeing once.

and boy, am i sick to death of that fucking "mad world" song...and least the gary jules version..it was in donnie darko, the gears of war trailer, and then some emo-vagina used it in a youtube video ripping on that kid who was fucking up those cats. if they used the tears for fears version i'd be happier, since you don't hear that one as much....
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 08-Oct-2009 at 02:48 PM.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    another who really enjoyed my "Critters 5" short story in Year 8 (I also did a Critters 6 ) ... otherwise, their teacherly ways could never contain my way with words!
    Hopefully, in Critters 5 it was revealed that Counsellor Tetra was NOT, in fact, Ug, and Ug himself returns to redeem himself?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Hopefully, in Critters 5 it was revealed that Counsellor Tetra was NOT, in fact, Ug, and Ug himself returns to redeem himself?

Actually nope, I hadn't seen Critters 4 at that time ... possible not even 2 or 3, but had definitely seen the first. Not sure really, can't remember that part of the plot you mention though (I assume that's from #4?), it's been ages since I've seen any of them.

I was almost gonna buy the box set for a fiver online, but had other ones I wanted first ... plus the discs have NO extras still, I mean wtf?! Not a single special edition among them, not even in the box set!

As for my Critters 5, I can't even remember the plot. It was on earth that's for sure, it was probably a rip-off of the first two movies I'd imagine.

I also wrote a "Screamers 2" (which took place on earth) back in those days as a kid...it was kinda reminiscent of "Death Machine" in a way, actually.

I wonder if I wrote a "Death Machine 2" as well, can't remember ... sounds like the sort of thing I would have written as a kid in those days.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 08-Oct-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Wait a tick...

MZ...you were writing 'name rape' stories in school???

Et tu, Minion Zombie?

Super Moderator

UK
    Wait a tick...

MZ...you were writing 'name rape' stories in school???

Et tu, Minion Zombie?
    Hey man, they're weren't name rape at all. They were my own fan sequels, thank you very much. Fan sequels written at a time when my writing talent was basic, but good for that age. I've still got them all lying around somewhere printed off (I was writing them on a computer that didn't even have Windows 3.1 on it, hehe).

Not especially original content wise, some of them (as in the 'fan sequels'), but none were 'fan remakes' ... so, nyah, ya cheeky bugger.

I did write other stories that were very indebted to some of my favourite horror flicks at the time, like "Half Past Midnight" was heavily inspired by Friday 13th Part 4, and "The Massacre" was - rather obviously - heavily inspired by The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and "Extra Hours Cost More" was heavily indebted to flicks like Last House on the Left and so on. 'Fan Rip-Offs' if you will.

You know what it's like as a creative-minded teenager in their formative movie-viewing years.