Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crazies remake

England
    Original "Crazies" BD release details and review...

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Cr...y-Review/7931/
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i don't get some of the posts in this thread. it appears that some of you might be worried (scared might be a better word) that this remake might actually be better than the original.

like i said in my post way back on 5 oct, i'm not a fan of the original movie. i am interested in seeing this flick and will be approaching it with an open mind.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    will be approaching it with an open mind.
    Mike! How dare you come trotting into this thread with level-headed common sense and such? Shame on you. Now jump on the bandwagon and start hating everything!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    i don't get some of the posts in this thread. it appears that some of you might be worried (scared might be a better word) that this remake might actually be better than the original.

like i said in my post way back on 5 oct, i'm not a fan of the original movie. i am interested in seeing this flick and will be approaching it with an open mind.
    I didn't even like the original all the much. It was good and reasonably entertaining, but certainly not among Romero's best; I'd place it roughly on a par with Land and Diary, or even a little below, and I certainly don't have any serious emotional attachment to it. However, it was the film's offbeat, interesting character that saved it from true mediocrity, and they seem to have missed that beat with the new one, so I'm thinking: what's left?

I'm not really bothered about seeing a Hollywood 28 Days Later rip off starring clean-faced actors with nice teeth. It just doesn't seem to hit my mental G-spot.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 15-Feb-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Now jump on the bandwagon and start hating everything!
    even kittens and babies?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    especially kittens and babies.

I expect to see a facepalm or fail image next time you post or else Hellsing's going to cry...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I didn't even like the original all the much. It was good and reasonably entertaining, but certainly not among Romero's best; I'd place it roughly on a par with Land and Diary, or even a little below, and I certainly don't have any serious emotional attachment to it. However, it was the film's offbeat, interesting character that saved it from true mediocrity, and they seem to have missed that beat with the new one, so I'm thinking: what's left?
    How will you really know until you've actually sat down and watched the entire movie?

I know some remakes can be absolutely dire, but some can actually be pretty damn good.

Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    especially kittens and babies.

I expect to see a facepalm or fail image next time you post or else Hellsing's going to cry...
    i'm not one to disappoint.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    How will you really know until you've actually sat down and watched the entire movie?

I know some remakes can be absolutely dire, but some can actually be pretty damn good.
    I know, I know. It's just, these days, I never seem to get around to watching a movie unless I'm totally pumped to see it. I'm not gonna actively avoid this one, it's just, when it comes down to the choice of go-or-not, just don't feel like I'm gonna find it worthwhile to brave the screaming emo-kids at my local multiplex for it.

I'm probably wrong, though. I hold many false opinions, if only I knew which ones they were, I wouldn't hold them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    just don't feel like I'm gonna find it worthwhile to brave the screaming emo-kids at my local multiplex for it.
    i don't get to the movies much anymore but when i do, i usually take a half day and go on a weekday afternoon. no teens and small crowds= a pleasant viewing experience.

when i saw land it was like 2 pm on a tuesday. there were like 4 other people there and it was getting a private screening of the movie.

by the way, i don't find any movie more enjoyable with a crowd. i detest being in packed theaters for a multitude of reasons. i'm there to see the flick not interact with the audience.

England
    I tend not to bother with cinamas at all to be honest, the friggin' proles get on my nerves.

I tend to use torrents as a "try before you buy" service for my movie needs.

I honestly don't have any idea if this particular remake will suck donkeys or be fairly decent, but I will give it a chance, I am one of those weirdo's who really enjoyed the "Dawn" remake and "I am Legend"...

Scotland
    by the way, i don't find any movie more enjoyable with a crowd. i detest being in packed theaters for a multitude of reasons. i'm there to see the flick not interact with the audience.
    For me it depends on the audience. I love going to see horror movies at the Glasgow Film Theatre (it's an art-house type place) because everyone is on the same page. So long as the audience doesn't contain wankers, it's all good.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I tend not to bother with cinamas at all to be honest, the friggin' proles get on my nerves.
    mine too man, big time. i've probably been to the movies less than 10 times in the last 6 or 7 years.

Super Moderator

UK
    I go to the flicks quite often, but I won't be going to see this I'd have thought.

The trailer starts out doing what it should do - then as soon as it becomes a rip off of 28 Days Later, it fucking plummets.

The fucking point in Trixie was that you wouldn't be able to tell if someone was mental because of the fucked up situation you all found yourselves in, or mental because they were infected. This remake comes off waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too blunt - plus they seemingly give away the whole 'big ending' of the fucking movie in the bloody trailer, sheesh.

The original movie was good. Sure it's rough, but it's real down and dirty indie filmmaking. It's got that old school GAR feel, that GAR editing style and pace, and all the stuff with chem-suited, gas-masked, gun-toting army guys is just great.

As for that BR, just a lazy port of the skimpy DVD release that I bought a few years back. It's nice to hear GAR talk about movies from his past (indeed, better than listening to his recent movie commentaries where it just doesn't have the same flavour or fascination as a listener), but damn dude, not even a retrospective documentary - you'd have thought they'd cash-in in a more respectable manner than just simply foisting the exact same package onto BR.

I mean, The Crazies just doesn't make much sense on BR in general. It's like the other day I saw the original Toolbox Murders was on BR now - why?!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I mean, The Crazies just doesn't make much sense on BR in general.
    I thought the same thing about Night, but they're pumping that one out there. The Crazes BR may not have much in the way of features, but speaking as someone that doesn't already have the film on DVD, the BR is a definite purchase for me.